PDA

View Full Version : How long did you have to wait for play-a-round delivery from Sam's?

MaddiesMommy
05-29-2007, 12:49 PM
I ordered mine on May 12th and received my confirmation email right away, but haven't heard anything regarding shipment. I called Sam's cs last week and the rep told me that it should ship soon. Not too helpful. She also said it would ship via UPS. On the play-a-round's listing on Sam's website it says that the carrier will contact you to set up a delivery time. I didn't know that UPS does that. Can anyone please tell me what you had experienced?

TIA!

Janine

Twoboos
05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
ETA - Janine, I just got the email today that the playset has shipped. It looks like Playaround sends it to a local delivery company, and they bring it here. Not UPS (or whoever the CS rep told you). In any event, yours is probably coming soon! Now having DH put it together is another worry entirely! :-)

I am wondering the same thing! IIRC, the website said 4 weeks for delivery. We're on week 3 (ordered May 10). I checked the order online and it said the order is still "In process." How annoying!!

MaddiesMommy
05-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks, I got a shipment email too. My fil is coming to visit next week from FL and I thought it would be a perfect project for dh and him to work on. I was worrying that it wouldn't come in time, but hopefully now it will. Good luck to your DH putting it together! :)

CiderLogan
06-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Mine took a few weeks, maybe close to a month. You'll get a confirmation email and then they'll call w/ a delivery time the day before. The email also has a tracking number so you can get an estimate about a week before it arrives. It comes in several big boxes.

My DH put it together in less than a weekend, working alone.

Jenny
Mom to two beautiful girls,
ages 1 and almost 4

MaddiesMommy
06-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks, we got ours, too. I think it was pretty close to four weeks after ordering it. Ours isn't up yet. We're trying to figure out how we're going to prep the site first. DH put some of it together in the garage and it looks really nice. Did you do any type of mulch or pea stones? We're planning on getting pea stones, but I'm a little surprised at the huge amount we'll need to get (according to dh's calculations). Hopefully it will be up and ready to use soon, so my girls can start enjoying it. I hope your girls are enjoying their new play set.

Janine