PDA

View Full Version : Looking for KidKraft boat sandbox or something similar. . .

the mommy
05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay so I am kicking myself for not buying this at Costco when they had them last year, but now my daughter really loves being outside and in particular playing in a sandbox. So I wanted to see if any of you have found either the KidKraft boat sandbox for a good price, or have something similar that you like. We are in CA so it gets pretty warm out there and a canopy would really be great if we can find one. I know PBK has one too- but I think my husband will veto the $400 sandbox. . .that I would still need to fill with sand. :)

I would love any ideas you have!

Here is the KidKraft boat version-
http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=R+5+118X

Thanks!

Heather
dd 1/04

MMMommy
05-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Heather--I saw the Kidkraft boat sandbox at Costco this year! In fact, within the last two months I've been eyeing it. We frequent many Costcos, and I know I've seen it at a couple of them. You may want to call your local Costco and have them check the inventory of warehouses in your area. Hopefully you can find one now!

Update: I just called my local Costco to get the item number, but the person answering said they sold out in the Northern California region. The item number is 864718 for reference, but it may be sold out.

MMMommy
05-29-2007, 05:21 PM
Forgot to mention also that Tuesday Morning has the cute Battat sandbox with canopy for $79.99. I saw them over the weekend. It's the same as this one--

http://www.sensationalbeginnings.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=R+5+134X&GEN9=1

I love the colors of the Battat one, but it definitely seems smaller than the Kidkraft one.

the mommy
05-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Thank you so much for the info- I will check around California and see if I can find one somewhere. . . Hopefully this will teach me once and for all that I need to snap up those bargains when I see them! I will also check out Tuesday Morning and see if they have the other one.

Thanks again!

Heather

sdjeppa
05-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Where in CA are you? I am in San Diego, and we just bought the display model at the Santee Costco :), but they still had it in stock at 2 other San Diego Costco's...I am kicking myself we didn't buy it earlier when we saw it, also, but this way, we don't have to put it together! LOL

bleujeans
05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
We bought our KidKraft boat sandbox at Home Goods for $139 - what a great deal. We just put it together this past weekend and put an outdoor oil sealer on it. Can't wait to get our little guy in it!!