PDA

View Full Version : Tub splash guards??

EllasMum
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Does such a thing exist? DD is making me CRAZY at bathtime with all the splashing. What should be a nice relaxing part of the evening usually ends up with me getting severely frustrated and yelling. :( She splashes water EVERYWHERE - usually using her stacking cups. I tried taking them away but that didn't stop her - she just grabbed/scooped handfuls of water and flung them out of the tub! Sigh. I'm at the end of my rope with bath time these days! Help!

jwozy
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I bought a tub splash guard from TRU and it worked okay but the kids would just dumped water over the top of it. I don't know how your bath tub is set up but ours uses a shower curtain so I went out and bought a clear one so they kids can splash all they went with minimal damage and I can still see what they are doing. I do still get a bit wet when I actually wash them though.

EllasMum
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do actually have a clear shower curtain already, but DD doesn't like it when I close it and she tends to try to rip it aside! Sigh. Maybe I'll have to give some splash guards a try. Thanks again!

rlu
06-07-2007, 12:59 AM
DS also splashes (he kicks like he's swimming) so we also do the clear shower curtain. He complained when we pulled it the whole way, so we just pull it half-way. Sometimes I will pull it all the way across and immediately pretend to hide behind it and then pop my head around it to look at him.

HTH.

racerl1
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
One Step Ahead has a splash guard, although I have not tried it myself.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6376&cmSource=Search

kep
06-07-2007, 10:18 PM
We have an older version of the One Step Ahead one above, and we loved it. Absoluetly nothing suctions onto the walls of our current tub/shower or we would still be using it. My ds also hated the clear shower curtain liner being pulled across the tub. We found that the OSA splash guard gave a good amount of coverage while still letting him feel "open". Of course, water can still be poured over the top, (BTDT), but it certainly holds in most of the splashes.

Kelli

Proud Mommy to Lukey (2003). Weaned after 3 years of happy nursing!
And Mommy to our newest baby, Joseph, born 3 days after Christmas.

EllasMum
06-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Hmm that looks interesting - maybe I will try something like that. Tried the shower curtain again tonight and it fooled her for about 30 seconds and then she actually held it aside with one hand and scooped/splashed water out with the other! Sigh... Thanks for the reply - I'll try this suggestion!

sweetpea
06-08-2007, 03:19 AM
The only thing that worked for us was to end bath time the second dd started splashing all over the place. It worked after just 2 removals. For a while.

Now, as soon as I say it's time to get out she immediately starts splashing like a maniac because she knows she's coming out anyway and has nothing to lose }( .

EllasMum
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM
LOL I hear ya! When DD started splashing I used to take the plug out of the drain and put it angrily on the side of the tub. She quickly figured out that meant the water was going away so now she grabs it and puts it back in! I'm going to have to start hiding it next! :)

s_gosney
06-08-2007, 10:29 AM
This is what we did too. The only bad part was that then if dd wanted out and I was trying to keep her in a couple more minutes (to finish up a chapter in a book, etc), she would then start dumping water out to "make" me take her out. Sometimes they're just too smart for their own good. :)