PDA

View Full Version : Potty for boys?

Pennylane
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Is there one that works better for training boys or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks!
Ann

o_mom
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I found that the Baby Bjorn ones were better than most. I don't think it was so much a boy vs. girl thing as just good vs bad in general. If you don't give some instruction on 'pointing down', it really isn't going to matter much if there is a splash guard or not. Also, a big guard sticking up is going to make it harder for them to get on and off by themselves without scraping something and possibly making them fearful of the potty.

We have the BB little potty, the regular BB potty and the BB seat insert. The little one is in the car now for emergencies, the regular one in the bathroom for DS2 (not that he cares) and the insert for DS1. I think the regular one (with the removable bowl) is easier to empty than the little potty and it has gripper stuff on the bottom which is good on hard floors. All of them are easy to clean and don't have alot of places for stuff to collect.

jgriffin
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
We've been slowly doing potty training with E, and we found that a removeable splash guard is *not* a good thing, at least for him. He had trouble sitting on the potty with it on, and I accidentally pinched his thigh once while putting it on after he sat down. Now he is scared of it, and says it hurts, even when it's on the potty already and not even touching him. Oops. :(

We've been using the Baby Bjorn potty that goes on the toilet (not a stand alone one), and one made by BRU (forget the name, but it's about $15).

ssjarrett
06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
We used the Once Upon a Potty potty like this one:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-2/qid=1181240405/ref=sr_1_2/601-4398119-5540961?ie=UTF8&asin=B000BUET92

I think mine came from babycenter and it just had the book and not the doll. It was great. The "saddle" style was good for son and it was fine even if he sat on it backwards.

We also used the small Baby bjorn one for downstairs and liked it too. I like a one-piece potty for boys--even if their aim is not great, it is still easy to clean. Good luck!
-Sarah

sue_g
06-07-2007, 01:31 PM
I have two boys and we have the Baby bjorn potty (with white insert) and the one that was on clearance from Target (green) by Boon. My ds much prefer the Baby Bjorn one. It is also easier to empty. I wish I had gotten two of them instead.

Pennylane
06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
I am going to get one of the baby bjorns to try.

Thanks again,

Ann