PDA

View Full Version : 2 child monitor?

hillview
06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I searched and tried to find a thread on this but couldn't. Wondering if there is a monitor anyone suggests that I could use for 2 kids (in separate rooms).
THANKS!
/hillary

tarynsmum
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
My neighbors have this one and absolutely love it - there are a lot of young families in our neighborhood and they've never had interference issues either.

http://tinyurl.com/237ymp

o_mom
06-12-2007, 11:28 AM
We have the Safety 1st one linked above. It has worked well for us. The first one we got had a problem with the volume adjustment after about a month so we exchanged it. The new one has been working for 18 months without a problem. My sister also has one and hers has the volume problem, but she is very rough on things. Just keep the receipt and packaging - there is a 12 month warranty on it. You do have to use all three monitors, but you can put two in the same room if you don't have a third place to monitor (I put ours downstairs in the playroom).

I think that Graco makes one now, also. They didn't have that when we got ours so I can't say how it compares.

amck
06-13-2007, 07:38 AM
We have the Safety 1st. Have lots of static on it c/t the old FP monitor. BUT, I love it when it works. Being able to monitor 3 rooms is fantastic. We have 2 kids so I put the 3rd in the basement - - - - then I can "monitor" play when DD's out of my sight. But back to the static, I think it's related to the white noise I have in the kids' rooms. It's not perfect and the static can drive me nuts, but this is something I need so I live w/ it's quirks. Haven't thought about exchanging it to see if a new one would have less interference.... I did, however, buy the extended warantee from BRU b/c I've heard this monitor does not have the best track record.