PDA

View Full Version : Another Lunch Question, how to pack cold and hot stuff together.

DAKnits
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
This is my very first time lunch packing experience, so please excuse the novice questions!

I want to pack her string cheese, turkey and a cold drink, but I also want to give her granola bars and other dry snacks. I don't want the dry snacks to be cold. I plan to pack an ice pack with the stuff that needs refrigeration.

How should I pack it? What cooler do you suggest? Thanks for helping a first time mom with this!

JacksMommy
06-15-2007, 03:22 PM
An insulated lunch box makes a great "cooler." If you put the ice pack near the foods that you want kept cold and keep the dry snacks on the other side, that would be fine. I don't think things like granola bars get all that cold, really. And the ice packs don't keep your food super cold, just cool. At least, that's my experience!

Laurel
Mama to Jack 6/02 and Maddy 12/04

Babywearing education in Napa, CA

lpl47
06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
At my DS' preschool/daycare, the entire lunch bag goes into the fridge anyway! They do have a microwave to warm-up hot foods, but even the "snack" items that would normally be served at room temp are served cold. None of the kids seem to mind...