PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for a bday gift for 6-year old girl

kozachka
06-16-2007, 05:39 PM
We are invited to a six year old girl's birthday party and I don't even know where to start. I've never met the child or her parents (DH is friends with her dad) so have no idea what she has or likes. Normally, I'd give some Legos for a boy and think it would make a perfect gift for a girl but they are kind of expensive where we live right now.

AddiesMom
06-17-2007, 09:26 AM
My nieces love clothes and Bath and Body Works (they have a American Girl line). My youngest niece just turned 7 and for a few years she has actually wanted Old Navy gift cards and also ones from Barnes and Noble/Borders. This is a child you never met before so I think a gift card is not out of line.

kcimato
06-17-2007, 12:12 PM
I second the gift card idea since you don't know her.

kozachka
06-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Thank you for your suggestions, ladies. I ended up shopping in DS' stash and came up with a pots and pans (and other utensils) set marked for 5+ year olds. Not sure if the girl liked it or not, they were not opening presents at the party. She turned to be pretty young six years old if I may say so. Her parents allowed her to open one gift, which turned out to be a doll that you can feed/pees (?) and she was quite excited so I have high hopes that she would like our gift as well.

I am not in the States right and very few stores here sell gift cards, mostly cosmetics ones. And I have yet to see a child get gift card at a party so that was not an option really.