PDA

View Full Version : Containers for cleaners?

kellij
06-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I just got the book "Clean House, Clean Planet." I'm all for mixing up my own cleaning supplies, I'm just not sure where to put them. For instance, the author recommends getting a shaker for baking soda. She says they are available at the grocery store. There aren't any at Super Target. If you make your own supplies, where do you find the containers to put them in?

TIA!

MarisaSF
06-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I don't use baking soda straight for anything except laundry, so I just keep it in the giganto Costco bag it comes in.

I keep earth scrub in an empty yogurt container.

I have a couple spray bottles that I got in a hardware store or in the gardening/hardware section of Target or some other general store.

eb1
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Bed, Bath, and Beyond has a lot of shaker-type of containers in its kitchen section (think, condiment dispenser) that would work for baking soda. However, my DS goes through tons of Take n Toss sippy cups (he bites the spouts which ruins them quickly), so I've taken to recyling these as my baking soda shakers; I put baking soda in one of the cups, put the lid on, and snip off the very top of the drinking spout so the baking soda can pour out. I keep a cup by every sink in the house.

Otherwise, we just use spray bottles from the gardening or cleaning section of Target or other stores.

hazel
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
You can use a parmesan cheese container as a shaker. I just leave our baking soda in the box and shake a bit out as needed.

For empty spray bottles or squeeze bottles, I have had luck at the dollar store.

hazel
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
You can use a parmesan cheese container as a shaker. I just leave our baking soda in the box and shake a bit out as needed.

For empty spray bottles or squeeze bottles, I have had luck at the dollar store.

Lucia
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I recently bought baking soda in a plastic shaker. Much easier than buying another container. Good luck