PDA

View Full Version : What playsets after Little People?

Babywhite
06-22-2007, 12:19 PM
DD has recently stopped playing with her Little People sets, so I decided to buy her another "set" for her 3rd birthday.

What "sets" do kids ages 3, 4, and 5 play with these days? :)

Note: She has the following other "sets":

Weebles Treehouse
Melissa and Doug wooden castle (with Dora castle stuff added to it)
Wooden Building Blocks sets: airport and town
Duplos

I was thinking about the Playmobil stuff, but I have never actually seen them. Any thoughts about them?

Any other ideas?

TIA
R.W.

AngelaS
06-22-2007, 01:05 PM
We LOVE Playmobil. My girls range in age from 9.5 to 2.5 and they ALL play with it! We absolutely love it. :D

new_mommy25
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Playmobil is awesome!

Or how about a wooden doll house or the FP Loving Family doll house?

egoldber
06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
She may fall back in love with the Little People. My almost 6 year old still plays with them. :) Maybe put it away for awhile and then rotate it back in?

I like the Playmobil stuff, just not the itty bitty pieces that come with them. I hate all the Polly Pocket (and the other variations of it) for the same reason.

August Mom
06-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Playmobil is cool. DS loves it, but there are lots of tiny pieces with many sets. I think I'd try to start her with a set without tons of tiny pieces to see if she likes it.

Babywhite
06-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Can you tell by the pics on the box if there are a lot of tiny pieces to the set?

TIA
R.W.

lisams
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
DD loves her Playmobil sets. She also still likes her Little People if I bring them out after they've been put away. Another idea is a dollhouse like the Fisher Price one. DD also likes the Sweet Streets, but I think they've been discontinued because I haven't seen them in the stores lately.

August Mom
06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Yes. The back of the box shows what is in the set. At age 3, we started DS on Playmobil vehicles. His first was a garbage/recycling truck. It had the truck itself, 2 people (with removable hats), a small trash can and a larger trash bin. We waited until age 4 to go with buildings and sets with tons of tiny parts. I'm not sure what the sets geared more toward girls include. I think the zoo line probably has bigger pieces, but I haven't investigated it closely.

JBaxter
06-23-2007, 06:54 AM
If you have a Tuesday morning near you they have the Ryan's room doll house for 49.99, the castle 49.99 and the fire house 39.99. We also have some plan city items that are a big hit.

fivi2
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
There are some duplo and lego sets that I have been eyeing. Also, someone once posted a link to some really cute wooden sets - I know, not too helpful since I don't remember the name, but maybe someone else does?

I found a cute Battat wooden farm at Tuesday morning ages ago. The plan city stuff looks neat.

Good luck!

nicknack
06-28-2007, 06:30 AM
There's also Playmobil 1-2-3 which are bigger and don't have the small pieces. However, there aren't really "sets", just people and some vehicles. Well, there is a house and a farm, but those are really the only sets.