PDA

View Full Version : Question for those of you who have a Gotz Maxy Muffin doll or Bitty Twins

Babywhite
06-23-2007, 03:29 AM
I am thinking about buying my DD a Gotz Maxy Muffin doll or Bitty Twins for her birthday.

I have a question about each doll.

Gotz Maxy Muffin owners: I read a review on a website that states that the doll is too stiff to sit down. I really need to know if this is true or not b/c I don't want to purchase it if it can't sit in a chair so DD can comb the doll's hair. :)

Bitty Twins owners: The info on the website shows that they have long hair. Is the hair easy to comb/style? DD is dying to have a doll that has hair that is easy to comb/style for her "beauty salon" center.

Thanks for your help!
R.W.

Babywhite
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Bump :)

sbirmantaz
06-27-2007, 07:38 AM
Hi, we have 2 of the Gotz Maxy Muffins. The doll can sit a bit because it does bend at the waist (not too stiff), but the knees don't bend (I'm guessing no dolls knees actually bend). The doll would need support to sit on a regular chair, it could sit easily in a pretend high chair with the sides though.
Sharon
dd #1 09/24/02
dd #2 11/19/03

GrammyK
06-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Bitty Twin - don't have one here to check on hair but they really don't sit (or stand) well. They have the same body as the Bitty Baby. The potty for the doll has a seatbelt/strap ;-) which shows in the photo on americangirl.com.

I imagine it'd be easiest for a child to hold the doll between her knees to play with her hair, more like mommy than a "beauty salon".

Karen R.

Babywhite
06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
RE: the Maxy Muffin's hair

Can you comb the hair fairly easily -- for a doll? :)

Pennylane
06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
We have the boy/girl Bitty Baby Twins. They have the same "floppy" body as the bitty baby so they can't sit up by themselves. My dd has no problem getting them to sit up in the stroller, high chair or on their see saw.

The boys hair is full, but short so it could be brushed. The girls is pretty long and in pig tails. Looks like it would be easy to brush and style.

Ann