PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how much I love this item!!

kochh2
06-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Yes, it is for my son, but man.. we put his Swim buoy (www.swimbuoy.com) (i think thats it!!) away for the season last year, and i just took it out for an upcoming trip... it brought back such memories of HOW great it was for him in the pool- It was hard to find- there is only onle place that sells them i think, but i know they are widely used at YMCA's and for swimming lessons... its inflatable, and straps to their chest, leaving arms free... IMO, it's like a balance bike for swimmers LOL, knowing you ladies will get THAT comparison, with all the balance bike talk around here!! just had to share our awesome find!!! hope to spread the swim buoy love!!! Oh, and the patterns to choose from, BEAUTIFUL!! we have the sailboats!!

neeter
06-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow, this looks neat! Thanks for posting about it!!

kochh2
06-25-2007, 02:40 PM
no problem :)

MATTYSMOMMY
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
This looks great - at what age did you start using it.

Thanks!

kochh2
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM
hmm... i think DS was like 2-- i am pretty sure my grandparents gave it to him for his 2nd birthday, but gave it to him early int he summer, as his bday is in august... so, 21 mos... and after just a few days, he was swimming with much less assitance, though we were always right there with him. He will be using it again today for the first time since last summer, and i expect that he is more "bottom" heavy to stay more upright now!!!

calv
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
do you know what the weight limit on them are? i didn't happen to see it on their site unless I missed it.

thanks for posting about it

denna
06-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Under the FAQ's:

What size Swim Buoy does my child need?

The Swim Buoy has an elastic and adjustable belt so it is easily adjusted to fit most children – One size fits all!

What is the best age to use your product?

The best age to start using the Swim Buoy is age 3, but many start at 2 or younger.

Here is a link to the full page of FAQ's:

http://www.swimbuoy.com/faq.php

Hope this answers your question.

denna
06-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks Holly! This looks like a great product and something I have to bookmark for next summer.

calv
06-27-2007, 06:19 AM
i saw that thanks. Doesnt help. I'd like to know the life/max weight limit on these. I'll call the Co.

kochh2
07-01-2007, 04:28 PM
don't really know the weight limit, but as water has such buoyant properties, weight on land and in the water are not quite comparable, YKWIM? I have seen them used with much larger children, like, 6-7 year olds... so, YMMV, depending on how well child can participate, but it is definitely something for learning to swim, not a lifesaving device!
My son used it this week for the first time since last summer, and i was quite impressed, he remembered his swimming lesson basics, like how to move his hands and feet, and after about 20 min. in the water, he swam with just my hands touching him, nothing but the bubble holding him up, so with practice, i anticipate he will be independent with the bubble this summer... now, to figure out how to get to the pool more often with the almost three year old and the three month old.... not as easy as it sounds!!
:)