PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this toddler bed?

SASM
06-27-2007, 08:30 AM
We are trying to configure Bryn's room to fit the crib, new bed for her, and all of the other furniture. Right now she is in the converted crib-to-toddler bed but are hoping to get a toddler bed for her next month to get her used to the change before September. So..Do any of you have this bed in cherry: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4940123 It is frustrating that the other versions of this bed are $49 and this one, in cherry, in $69! The crib is a cognac sleigh so I figured it would be good for her to have a similiar finish and lines in the toddler bed. How does it hold for weight? I am HOPING that Bryn will not jump on this bed since she will not have the convenient high sides of the crib to grip on to but who knows. Can you lay in the bed with your child? Since it is just a stain, how does it hold up to abuse, scratches, etc?

Any other reasonably priced cherry/cognac sleigh toddler bed recommendations?

Thank you!

MaddiesMommy
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
We don't have that toddler bed, but my dd does have the Cars toddler bed made by Delta. It's similar in design, except it's made out of plastic and metal. She loves it and was very excited to switch from her crib to that. She's a huge Cars fan, so that helped a lot. There is no way that I could lay with her in bed, not even sit on the bed. There's a 50 lb limit for hers, but I'm not sure if this is true for all toddler beds.

HTH. Good luck! I hope your dd enjoys her new bed!

Janine

SASM
06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
janine,

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure about the quality of Delta products so that helps. I just wish that they had a sample in teh store as I am sure that the finish "texture" is different from teh white and natural. I just have a feeling that it si going to scratch and ding quite easily. But...that's what you get for $70, right?