PDA

View Full Version : Pools info?

niccig
06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
What do you do with the small pool your DC play in? Do you empty the water every day, or do you keep it in there for a few days? Do you add a little chlorine to keep it clean?? I ask because DS's water table is slimy if the water is left in there for more than a day. Must be the lovely LA smog! We want to get him a pool to play in, but I'm not sure on the logistics....

mypa
06-27-2007, 06:04 PM
This is what I do:

1. lay out hose in the sun
2. fill pool with "warm" water
3. once done playing, scoop water out using a pitcher and give my thirsty plants a drink (I'm in SoCal, too), DS enjoys doing this.
4. when there's only a little water left, dump it out
5. flip the pool over to store

Have fun!

hillview
06-27-2007, 07:46 PM
We dump the little pool into the grass at night (it doesn't have a cover and don't want mosquitoes to breed in it or some small neighbor child to fall in.

The sand and water table we leave water in for 2-3 days and put the cover on it when DS isn't playing with it. It seems fine.

HTH!
/hillary

Joolsplus2
06-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Our pool's been full a few days (three ring, maybe 9 inches deep?) and it's getting cloudy...I was trying to decide to dump it today or ad a half a cup of bleach...I think I'll drain it... we just play it by ear, usually...if it's gross, time to deal with it :D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

s7714
06-28-2007, 11:54 PM
We usually empty ours every 3-4 days. If it starts looking yucky before then I'll go ahead and empty it, but 3-4 is average. (We're in SoCal too.) I strain for bugs before the DDs go in, but usually there are more flower/tree parts than bugs.

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

niccig
06-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Thank you everyone. We're going to get a pool this weekend. DS has been climbing into his water table! He likes to drink the water...gross, so until he stops that I'll probably dump it frequently. Now to work out where to put it?