PDA

View Full Version : Ryan's Room - "Home is Where the Heart Is" owners

Babywhite
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Has anyone painted this dollhouse? I really like the open floorplan, but I was hoping for something a little more "girly" :)

Also, is all the furniture just brown wood or does it (or some of it) have color to it?

TIA

ellies mom
06-28-2007, 08:39 AM
We are looking at that dollhouse and one of the Plan dollhouses. The employee at the store told us that they are definitely paintable. If I remember what she said right, she left hers plain until her daughter was old enough to want to decorate it. And here is where I get the dollhouses confused, there might be some removable walls and she said that you could decorate those as well.

Because the store we were at sells both brands, they've kind of merged but I think the Ryan's room furniture is mostly brown with touches of colour.

babyready
06-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I know that there are decorating kits available for the Ryan's Room houses. I just saw one at Tuesday Morning, as a matter of fact.

Also, some Ryan's Room furniture is plain wood and some of the other stuff is colored (which we prefer and buy.) Same with the Plan Toys furniture and those brands mix and match very well.

HTH

Babywhite
06-28-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm so excited to hear that there are decorating kits!!

What kind of decorating stuff do you mean - paint, wallpaper, rugs, curtains or what?

I'll check my Tuesday Morning store, but has anyone seen these kits at any other store or online?

TIA

babyready
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
This is what I found online, not sure if it is the same thing I saw at Tuesday Morning or not (didn't look closely enough) http://www.amazon.com/Ryans-Room-Lets-Decorate-Dollhouse/dp/B00008XL3R

Looks like mostly wallpaper and maybe floors. There is a sheet on the back that might have stickers or something to attach. Can't really tell.

Good luck!