PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow play systems?

DeeEast
07-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Does anyone have one? Is it worth the investment? We are looking at the Sunshine Castle II loaded. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

sidmand
07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
I think that's the exact same one we have. We've had ours a little over a year and I like it. I didn't think a Rainbow would be in the budget, but when I looked around at others (most of the others!), by the time I added in the features I wanted, they all cost around the same.

We also have a smaller, but very uneven yard and the castle-type playsets were the only ones that were going to work at all (we looked at a Creative Playthings set, but we would have had to level the yard first, for another $2000!).

Although, we bought ours way too early (actually it was a present for DS's 1st birthday). He loves to climb, but is very cautious, so so far Mommy or Daddy has to go up to the fort and down the slide with him. I didn't think about this when buying it and there aren't any steps or ladder so Mommy or Daddy has to climb either the rock ladder or chain ladder!

So he hasn't used all of it yet, but I still think it's a good investment for us. He loves to swing and he loves slides and he's getting a better feel for it. We do have a lot of playgrounds around that we go to, but it's nice to have this in our backyard when we just want to play outside. Could we have done without it, yeah.

I don't know how old your DC(s) are, but around three or so, I think this would be a great set! Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure ours is the Sunshine Castle II loaded, but the one thing we added was a toddler swing. They actually added another swing connection to the arm where the disk is, so we can always add another "big" swing there and something where one of the swings it. I had thought the todder swing seemed kind of expensive, but I guess not when it came with a connection.

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

zuzu
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
We also have this set, with a few modifications/additions. We've had it for over a year, and don't regret the purchase one bit. We got it during a 30% off sale with free installation or delivery, so it was a good deal. Our yard also slopes a bit, and we wanted a more narrow set so this design was a good choice for our space. It is very sturdy and still looks new after having been exposed to the elements for over a year.

For us it has been worth the investment, even though there is a small playground down the street. We have one child, and she plays on it most days during the week, alone and with her friends. There is plenty of room for lots of children (and adults) to play at once, and I don't foresee her outgrowing it (or losing interest) any time soon. She loves using the top platform as a fort/clubhouse. :)

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Melissa, mom to Sarah 5/03

ajmom
07-05-2007, 02:36 PM
We don't have one, but some friends of ours do and it is so awesome! My boys, 5 and 3 1/2, LOVE going over there to play.

A huge plus, IMO, is that if you ever move, they will come tear it down, load it up and help you contact another Rainbow rep in your new town to re-assemble it for you!