PDA

View Full Version : Sony babycall v. Phillips

sueprinter
07-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Ugh, I just bought the Summer digital monitor and I hate it. It cuts out all the time, and I cant even walk around my house without it beeping at me that I am out of range. Also, the volume is super quiet. I really want a new monitor. Our house is long, and has alot of interference. Our secuirty system is also wireless, and sometimes has problems even my mobil phone goes out sometimes. (Something to do with the metal in the stucco and some freak insulation foam.) I was thinking of getting either the sony babycall or the Phillips. Does anyone have a recommendation? has anyone regretted spending all that money on the Phillips model or is it worth it? Does the phillips or the sonybaby call have better range? I would really appreciate any advice you have.

egoldber
07-02-2007, 06:31 AM
I think with monitors you need to try and see what works for you. People rave about the Sony and it was terrible for us. But we adore the Philips. We've had one for four years now and it has a great range.

new_mommy25
07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
We have both. We use the Sony 29 channel for DS and the Phillips for DD. I like them both but they both have pros and cons.

The Sony has a longer range. We have a two story house. The bedrooms are upstairs and the Sony can make it all the way to the mailbox on the curb without a problem. The Phillips starts to lose reception as soon as I walk out the front door. I still use it while outside but I have to walk around the garage angling it to find a spot that's not too staticky.

I like the base on the Phillips because it is easier to charge. The Sony you have to plug and unplug. I also like that the Phillips tells me the temperature.

The Sony is anti static but gets really loud when planes fly over. The Phillips is slightly more staticky but not bad at all. Nothing can be as bad as the horrible Fisher Price lights and sounds monitor.

egoldber
07-04-2007, 06:39 AM
See this is what I mean. I can use my Philips half way down the block and in neighbor's houses! So your experience may definitely vary.

brittone2
07-04-2007, 07:09 AM
I can't compare, but we've been using our Sony Baby Call (the 29 channel one) since DS was a babe (he's now approaching 3.5) and have been very happy with it. We get good range, etc. on it. No problems with it interfering w/ our phones, wireless internet setup, etc.

Just buy from somewhere where you can return it if needed, since various electronics, your house size and layout, etc. will all make a difference.

cindys
07-04-2007, 04:30 PM
We have the Sony Babycall and its been great or us!

Cindy