PDA

View Full Version : age for bumbo? exersaucer? jumperoo?

megs4413
07-03-2007, 08:06 AM
DS woudl rather sit up than do anything else...we tried him in the bumbo yesterday and he LOVED it...i dont want to rush him though...he's only 4 mos. what age is it appropriate to start using these things? i'm specifically thinking of the bumbo, an exersaucer, and the jumperoo....TIA!

egoldber
07-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Amy hates the bumpo, but she was able to sit in it starting at about 4 1/2 - 5 months.

She LOVES the exersaucer and I started using it at about 4 1/2 months. Thats younger than she probably should have been using it, but frankly I was desperate.

She liked the jumperoo at first, but then grew to dislike it. I got it for her at about 6 months, but she probably could have used it a little earlier.

The other thing she really loves is her walker. I know they are frowned on, but it was a life saver for me when she was about 5-7 months. She doesn't really use it any more. We have gates on our steps and use them, so I wasn't that concerned about it.

stonecali
07-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Manufacturer Recommended Ages:

Bumbo:
8 weeks (able to hold head up) to 12 months

Exercauser:
4 - 12 Months

Jumperoo:
Use the Fisher-Price Deluxe Jumperoo only for a child who is able to hold head up unassisted and who is not able to climb out.

I would think the Jumperoo would be around 4 months as well? I have an 8 week old, and while I would put him in a Bumbo starting about now, I would not put him in the Jumperoo just yet, even though the maufacturer's guidelines are basically the same (able to hold head up on his own)!

luvsviola
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Exersaucer--4 months. I had to fold a receiving blanket to go between her legs because the seat was too deep, and we put a blanket in front of her and one behind her. At 5 months, now we just put this stuffed worm toy in front of her. She LOVES it.

We bought a jumperoo today. DD went nuts in it. She'd been in a doorway jumper at grandma's house for about a month, but at 4 months, she was really too young for it.

lisams
07-05-2007, 12:50 AM
We got the exersaucer out when DS turned 4 months. We also got a Jumparoo for upstairs (so I can actually take a shower!) a few weeks ago. He doesn't get how to jump in it yet, though. He likes both, but prefers the saucer. We tried out the Bumbo at a family gathering and he could sit fine in it but something about it bothered me - he just looked squished or something.

bubbaray
07-05-2007, 03:35 PM
DD#2 started using the Jumperoo at about 4m, a little over that. DD#1 was about 3.5m. DD#1 loved it, DD#2 is OK in it, she'd rather be held.

FWIW, both "mouthed" the Jumperoo when they were young. Would that be OK for PC's mouth? Not sure, maybe something to think about?

We don't have an exersaucer or bumbo. Walkers are illegal here, unless you smuggle them across the border. You can't even sell them used, there's a fine or something.

Good luck!
Melissa

DD#1: 04/2004

DD#2: 01/2007

elephantmeg
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Bumbo about 3-4 months. Doorway jumper 5-5 1/2 months. Exersaucer 6or 7 months maybe?

jd11365
07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
nak
Taylor loves all 3. We started them all @ 4 mos.