PDA

View Full Version : Does the Haba Walker Wagon have "governors" to control speed?

brittone2
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
like the RF Walker Wagon? Does it get going really quickly like most push toys?

DS had an old wide-based plastic shopping cart from my physical therapist days. I want to get a nice push toy for DD since that is one of the few toys for her age we don't own.

I've been thinking about the RF for a long time now, but I'm also in a phase of trying to reduce the number of products I buy from China. I'm tempted to go with the pricier Haba walker wagon, but I really like the clicker/governor things that control the speed on the RF Walker Wagon.

Lolagirl
07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
My twin boys received the Haba wagon last year for their first birthday, and they still love playing with it a year later. I'm not very familiar with the Radio Flyer wagon or the governors it has to control its speed. But I can tell you that the Haba wagon is incredibly well made, with rubber wheels that don't skid around like the plastic walker toys I've also seen at toy stores. I suppose the wagon could be used to go quickly if a child was big enough and fast enough, but it is so solid that it won't get away from a smaller child pushing it around. I think it sounds perfect for your son's specific needs, and it is definitely the kind of toy that will survive heavy use and abuse (in fact its the kind of toy I could still see having around some day way into the future to be used by grandchildren.)

Hope that helps! If I can figure out how to attach pictures I'll try to add some later with my kids playing with the wagon.

Edited because I wanted to add that the Haba wagon is also perfect as a walker toy for babies that are just starting to creep around. Like I said, it's pretty heavy and the wheels don't slide around at all, so you don't have to worry about the wagon being unstable like a lot of other walker toys. I think your little girl will also love it too (and your son can even push her around in the cart when she gets a little older!)

brittone2
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
thanks! From searching around, it doesn't seem like it has any sort of extra resistance feature like the RF WW, but I suppose I could load something heavy in it for DD (like my 3 year old DS LOL) so it goes a little more slowly.

She's 6 months and I'm considering getting her this relatively soon since she's pulling to stand and crawling. She probably won't be ready for it for a few months yet, but I think she could use it before a year old...I'd like her to be able to use it as she transitions to walking independently.

Thanks for the info. I'm so glad they really like it :)

new_mommy25
07-03-2007, 11:44 PM
My DD loves her Haba wagon. We have carpet though so we haven't had any problem with speed.