PDA

View Full Version : Mold in bath squeeze toys...wwyd

overcome
07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
DD has about a dozen little animal toys that squeeze water in the tub. I make sure to squeeze all the water out as we are cleaning up the toys, but I just know there is mold in there b/c I can see darker spots on the bottom of the animals.

It is really grossing me out. I could throw them away, but my mom purchased them at a high end baby shop, so I know they were not cheap. If they were from wal mart, believe me, I'd chuck them.

Should I use a weak bleach/water mixture to try to get them clean?

Anyone btdt? I'm sure this must happen frequently with these types of toys....

TIA
Ashley

hillview
07-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I'd chuck them.
/hillary

lisams
07-03-2007, 08:48 PM
I'd take a cute picture of DD playing with them t send to grandma and then throw them out. If you really want to keep them, maybe soak them in a bleach/water solution for an hour. Lately I've been getting rid of anything that makes more work for me - so that's why I'd toss them (and DD had a few toys like that and she was always trying to suck the water out of them - gross, gross, gross!)

DebbieJ
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I fill the tub with a bleach water solution, then fill each squeeze toy with said water. I let it sit for a while then rinse. The toys are like new.

~ deb
DS born at home 12/03
Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/style_avatars/Ribbons/18months-bfar.jpg

Drag0nflygirl
07-04-2007, 03:47 PM
I second this method - it works great. Plus, you know any little germies are dead, and as long as you rinse well it's perfectly safe for DC.

Nancy