PDA

View Full Version : Step stool for 2 kids

georgiegg
07-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Hi all

I was hoping for some advice for ways that my 2 kids (3yo and 15mo) can share a bathroom sink (small bathroom) during the morning scramble out the door.

Frankly, I don't care that much --the baby only has 4 teeth, but she is obsessed with being able to do precisely what her older brother is doing at precisely the same time. It is creating a lot of drama in the mornings as they both try to perch on the same step stool and brush their teeth. Actually, they alternate between trying to share while complaining that it is too small (well the older one complains, the little one just sobs piteously) and trying to shove each other off with gusto.

Now that I think about it, similar dramas occur all day long over other pieces of furniture (the kitchen chairs, the playtable, the sofa, the desk...), not to mention toys of course. And I suspect that they actually enjoy the shoving/complaining/whining since they do it even when we own two of the exact same items.

But let's pretend that a wider or larger step stool will solve the problem and the two will suddenly be able share harmoniously (at least for brushing their teeth since that comes before my morning coffee).

Does anyone have any recommendations for wide but low stools? The bathroom is not large so I am not looking for anything huge or tall, just big enough for two squirmy siblings to more or less reach the sink. The baby will still be too short, but at least she'll think that she is doing the same thing as her older brother.

thanks
M

new_mommy25
07-03-2007, 11:42 PM
My kids are about the same age. I feel your pain. :) We just use two stools. They are two step and plastic, and were about $5 at the dollar store. They stack which is nice to save space.

kcimato
07-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh darn! We have some great step stools at school but I sure can't remember the brand. I can see it written on the stool. We were just recently renovated and had Smart Boards installed in all the classrooms. We use these stools so the kids ( and me) can reach to the top. They are wide and can be placed side by side or stacked. I'll call over there on Thurs and see if I can get the name. I'd like one too. Sorry not much help.