PDA

View Full Version : What to put under sand box?

new_mommy25
07-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Our beloved little turtle sand box is going away in order to make room for the Kidkraft boat sand box we just bought. Woo-hoo!! Only thing is, it doesn't have much of a bottom. What should I put under it? I was originally thinking a tarp but I googled just to be sure and couldn't find much. I found one site that suggested landscape fabric because water can drain. Is that a good bet? I'm assuming that is something that can be easily purchased from a hardware store?

sdjeppa
07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
We have weed barrier/landscape fabric under ours. You can get it at any garden center or home improvement store. Seems to work well so far! We love our boat sandbox :)

bleujeans
07-06-2007, 02:33 PM
We also put landscape fabric under ours ....... also, prior to filing it with sand, we put on a good coat of an oil based sealant and plan to do it again in the fall before closing up the sandbox for the winter. We learned our lesson with an outdoor wood storage box we purchased last year that looks horrible.

new_mommy25
07-06-2007, 06:08 PM
Good call! Thank you. I was actually thinking I should put some kind of sealant on it. I am going to buy that and some landscape fabric. Thanks for you help.