PDA

View Full Version : Thomas or other wooden roundhouse - worthwhile?

KBecks
07-05-2007, 06:02 AM
If you have a Thomas or other roundhouse in your train set, does it get played with frequently? Love it, just ok or a not a good value?

taraalissa
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
We have the deluxe roundhouse with the turntable. It's pretty big and takes up a good deal of table space. DS was excited about it at first and played with it alot. These days its a once in a while toy, sometimes he likes it on the table and sometimes he wants it off so he can have more tracks and destinations. I paid $85 delivered around Christmas time and I think it was worth it. More than that I probably would pass in favor of the regular roundhouse.

HTH!

August Mom
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I think it's just okay. DS likes it, but it takes up a lot of space and it makes it more difficult to configure the tracks to just go generally in a circle. Ours was a gift. I don't think I would have bought it myself.

new_mommy25
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
We have the regular roundhouse and turntable but I scored and got the pair off craigslist for $40. My DS plays with it all the time but he is a huge Thomas buff. We got it when he was 3.5 so he's really into making up stories while he plays and the roundhouse plays a big role. He hads been asking for the round house for quite awhile but like you I was also balking at the price. Full price it is a pretty expensive piece.

new_mommy25
07-05-2007, 02:00 PM
We have the regular roundhouse and turntable but I scored and got the pair off craigslist for $40. My DS plays with it all the time but he is a huge Thomas buff. We got it when he was 3.5 so he's really into making up stories while he plays and the roundhouse plays a big role. He had been asking for the round house for quite awhile but like you I was also balking at the price. Full price it is a pretty expensive piece.