PDA

View Full Version : Lands End Backpacks & Lunch Boxes/Other Sources for Quality Purple Pack?

jenmcadams
07-09-2007, 09:38 AM
(X-POST with Kidwear)

Seems like the reviews on the BBB are that both Lands End and LLBean backpacks both score good marks for quality, durability, etc. Given my DD's love (or some might call it an obsession) with the color purple, I've been looking at the Lands End Classmate Junior backpack. My DD is a slightly taller than average soon to be 5 year old. Will this backpack be big enough for Kindergarten? Does anyone have one in real life and did it hold the basics -- folders, pencil box, etc.? Also, does anyone have the Classmates Lunch Box? Can a 5 year old really carry it attached to their backpack with the carabiner or will she just end up carrying it by the handle? The lunchbox seems pretty big -- is it too big? I'm thinking about buying the Laptop Lunch System innards to use for packing her lunch (she'll be going to full day Kinder 5 days/week). I'll probably be driving her to school most days, so she won't be walking long distances with the pack and lunch box, but we might walk some days and just wondered if the sizes seem about right for Kindergarten

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions for another place to find a quality, appropriate sized purple backpack for my soon to be Kindergartener, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

ctmom
07-11-2007, 08:04 AM
my dd#1 used the llbean jr backpack for kindergarten last year and it was perfect! If she had a bigger backpack, she would have just put more "stuff" in it that she didn't need! All she needed to put in it was one or two folders, 2 library books twice a week and snack (1/2 day K). We used an insulated lunch box when she was bringing a bottle of water and it fit fine. Honestly, some of her classmates had bigger ones, and they looked so heavy on their back because the kids just filled them with things that they didn't need to bring to school, ie: stuffed animals, toys, books etc... I'm hoping this size will also work for first grade! If you like it, I would order it asap, as they sell out quickly. Can you get to a Sears store and try to check it out in person?

Good luck and congrats on a kindergartner!!!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

jenmcadams
07-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks so much for the help!

AJs Mommy
07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Also, check out Hannah Andersson (.com)...they have the most adorable backpacks (purple prints) with matching lunch totes and although I can't speakfor their backpacks specifically, their quality cant be beat.