PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Little People sets?

sidmand
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
I just bought a box of little people sets from a consignment shop. A great deal, there are a few in there and it was $19.99 (and it came with the old barn which I was really looking for anyway, but couldn't pass up this deal!).

The only problem is that I'm pretty sure I have some extra pieces and some pieces are missing. I'm really bad at this sort of thing, so I was trying to find pictures of some of the sets to see what went where. I found the barn and see that some of the things I didn't even realize were part of the barn, are...cool. I think I have almost all of that one, missing the windmill and it looks like there should be an extra piece that attached to the outside...

I know I have an extra part of a train (two of the rear piece) because a) that's the only one of them I did already own and b) there are two pieces that are identical and even I could figure it out!

It looks like I have some kind of carnival. There is a set that looks like a long roadway that goes down a big hill almost 90° and goes through a big blue bridge, over a red loop-to-loop and has clown face on the outside, but it's missing something on the sides and top of the hill. I think that's missing totally because I don't see it in the box. I'm pretty sure there should be some kind of car that goes down...I also have a ferris wheel and airplane carnival ride...I'm thinking those go with it too? Not snapping on, but just around it?

There's another train, looks like an older version of the circus train with a cannon and a piece in the middle that opens up...

A dump truck (a big one, I think this is by itself?)

The Animal Sounds Zoo

And some (random?) pieces that may or may not go with the above:
Maybe a vending machine? (Looks kind of like it might go with the Animal Sounds Zoo?) It has a green roof, yellow sides, an orange disk that rotates what looks like a vending machine door with dog biscuits, peanuts, fruit, and leaves?

"Cars" (these are all little vehicles that can fit one figuring inside of them)"
A horse on wheels (like a Trojan horse)
An airplane
A dump truck
A bull dozer
A tractor (front only)

I've tried looking on Amazon and eBay. They're not vintage and not new though, so I'm not sure if there is a site for recently departed sets?

Any help is muchly appreciated!

Debbie
http://b3.lilypie.com/WT7Im4/.png[/img] (][img)

kayte
07-11-2007, 02:24 PM
THis might help you

http://tinyurl.com/2tpmko

It's a link to all the FP Little People directions sheets -- new and recent but no longer available. There is one picture for each link --plus the directions often say what parts are included --some times a diagram but mostly a list.

HTH

sidmand
07-11-2007, 03:41 PM
That is perfect! Thank you so much. I've spent so much more time that I should have already (instead of working!) and the instructions and descriptions are just what I'm looking for. I didn't even think of checking for old instruction sheets. Thank you again.

I think I've even figured out what I have, so I can even search by name to figure out what I'm missing. So far I've come up with six different things I have. It's a better deal than I thought, even with some missing pieces. So far the only ones that might be a problem are missing the cars for the Fun Park because I don't think the others fit, but I got:

Little People Rumblin' Grumbling Dump Truck
Animal Sounds Zoo
Little People Fun Park
Musical Zoo Train
Animal Sounds Farm (older version)
Little People Big Top Train

And assorted figurines and cars. I'm still working on what goes with what (if anything) though and I'll be looking through these instructions to help!

Debbie

DrSally
07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I had the same issue with a huge lot of little people I bought off CL. I looked at the pic the seller posted for a long time, trying to get the right pieces with each set--it was like an obsession to figure it out. I looked online and was able to find a few of the sets on the FP website, which helped. It doesn't bother me that pieces are missing, but I'd like to have them matched up to the right set. BTW, has anyone had any luck in writing FP for missing pieces? Also, used sets take forever to clean (I used a toothbrush with soapy water).

sidmand
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
A toothbrush is a great idea.

The link that Kayte gave also has a link to parts. It seems though that the only ones you can buy parts for (like figures or fences, even decals and ramps) are ones that currently exist. For instance, I bought some of the animals for the barn since I don't have any "real" barn animals (the ones for the ark are animals, but somehow having a giraffe or panda in the barn doesn't seem quite right!), even though I have an older barn, they still make a barn. But it doesn't look like I can buy the little cars I need for the Fun Park because they don't make any version of that anymore.

Debbie