PDA

View Full Version : Beanbag chair recommendations?

brittone2
07-12-2007, 10:12 AM
We're working on DS's room and I want to make a little reading nook for him with a beanbag chair next to his bookshelf. I would prefer to keep it under $100, which seems to rule out LLBean, and the other pricier beanbags.

JC Penney has pretty good prices. Not sure on the quality. I think PBK's beanbags are about $100ish?

I'm hoping for something denim or navy blue, and with a washable cover. Anyone want to steer me toward or away from a particular beanbag chair?

Is it crazy that I somehow always have to check here before purchasing an item in that price range?? ;)

lfp2n
07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
We have the JCP one, its seriously huge and puck shaped so not really a chair like the pear shaped ones. The quality of the bag and beans is good though. DD loves it.

Lucy DD 3/03

brittone2
07-12-2007, 04:03 PM
nak-
i like those but worry my dog would take over it as his bed lol. of course, w/ the regular shaped ones, my 2 cats will probably nap on it...

hence the need for washable ;)

thanks for the input on the penneys one :) good to know the quality is decent.

SnuggleBuggles
07-12-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't have a specific recommendation but I was going to suggest keeping your eyes peeled at the B&M stores that carry back to college stuff (Target, Linens N Things, Urban Outfitters...). They usually sell bean bag chairs this time of year.

Beth

kimbe
07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
You're not crazy! We can't buy anything without checking what everyone thinks AND if there is some deal somewhere!!! :) Maybe we should make a support group!

squimp
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I am getting one for DD's "cozy corner" from the Company Store or from thefoofstore. I heard good things about the foof ones, and am leaning in that direction since the little beads seem to last longer from what I hear. They also have a cute kids' beanbag sofa for <$100.

Alys the Cat
07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi, Beth. Is there a Pier 1 Kids near you? They have a nice quality denim beanbag with a removable cover -- and it's on sale now:
http://tinyurl.com/2rxto8

I saw this one IRL when I was shopping for DS. It was just a bit too small for our needs, since I wanted one we could sit on together. Should be perfect for your DS alone. FWIW, I ended up with a *huge* Foof. :)

HTH!

squimp
07-13-2007, 10:32 PM
They recommended a king size for me and DD, and I am just not sure I want to put something so huge in her room!

Alys the Cat
07-14-2007, 04:11 AM
The one we got is 4' across -- the large size, I think. It's definitely big enough for me and DS (or DH and DS). I can't imagine going larger.

We really love it. Very comfy for storytime!

squimp
07-14-2007, 10:55 PM
I was hoping I could get away with something smaller!

greatcanuk
07-17-2007, 04:03 AM
I was searching for a bean bag chair in aqua to go with DD's room. I came across these 2 brands, but I haven't ordered yet.

This brand is favored by celebrities and designers. They were also featured in Better Homes and Gardens: Kids' Rooms. There are measurement recommendations, as well as a photo gallery to show relative sizes. This site is worth checking out for the information even if you don't go with them, as they are very pricey. There is an outlet section, but it's kind of hit or miss. I waited too long to order, and the pattern I wanted was gone.

http://www.ahhprods.com/

I've seen this in the Sensational Beginnings(?) catalog at one time, but I only see it at other web retailers now. I believe it comes in other colors.

http://www.bestpricetoys.com/aqua-rawhide-beanbag-chair/

Camille