PDA

View Full Version : Beach Umbrella - Your favorite???Need suggestions

updacountry
07-11-2007, 09:38 PM
ok, what is your favorite beach umbrella. We are making our first beach trip this year and with DD only being 20 months I figure that I will get my monies worth out of one. I don't even know where to start so I would like some suggestions good and bad.

Hope I posted this in the correct spot.

Thanks
Jill

bunnisa
07-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I suggest a beach tent instead. We have one that pops up, called the Instent. It's great because it has a floor and you can zip it closed if you need to change or want to walk down the beach. They come in several sizes -- we fit 2 adults and 2 children in the Instent quite easily. I bought it on Costco.com (best price I could find)

...blessed wife and mama to two & one due this summer!

"And children are always a good thing, devoutly to be wished for and fiercely to be fought for."
-Justin Torres

updacountry
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like a great idea. Is it hard to put up? I feel like I'm bringing tons of stuff to the beach and it will probably rain anyway, LOL!!

Thanks I'm gonna go research some tents!

greatcanuk
07-17-2007, 04:19 AM
I like the Rio brand. It's SPF 50, and has the wind slits. We use it with the Sand Grabber. The Rio umbrella can be found at drugstores in the summer seasons so they should still have them now. They had it at Target a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure whether they're still there. We got a 2 pack at BJ's 2 years ago (I like using 2 for extra coverage). We use the Neat Sheet, rather than beach towels. I'd love one, but beach tents are kind of pricey for us, and I use the umbrellas on our apt. balcony as well.

Camille