PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood floors in bedroom?

teddy
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Do you or your DC have hardwood floors in the bedroom? Do you have a rug? Does it go underneath the bed or just along side of it?

DS's big boy bed will have its headboard against the wall so there will be access in/out on both sides of the bed. I think I want to get a rug but it seems most of it would be under the bed. The bed is full size, so the rug would have to be pretty big, i.e. expensive!

But if I put a rug along the side, wouldn't I need to have one along the other side?

I am not sure what would work best. Thanks for any insight! :)

elliput
07-14-2007, 09:56 PM
My bedroom had hw floors, DD's does not. When we moved in to this house, I already had a runner, so I put that on DH's side of the bed (the door side), on my side is bare floor. In all honesty, the rug is more of a pain than anything else because it slides around even with the no slip pads underneath. A larger rug may not have the same issue, but I can only speak for the runner.

C99
07-14-2007, 10:39 PM
All of our bedrooms have hardwood floors. We do keep area rugs in all the rooms, although our sons' room is currently rug-less (this is not keeping my 4-y/o from sleeping on the floor as I type this, however!). In our bedroom, the rug is at the foot of the bed, so there is no rug on the sides when we get out of bed in the morning. When DS had a rug in his room, it was a very large rug in a small room, so it had to be under the bed. DD has a small rug next to her crib.