PDA

View Full Version : Polly Pocket Lovers: What do you use for storage?

JMS
07-15-2007, 08:05 PM
DD's Polly collection is growing faster than I would like (thanks mainly to grandmom). I have one Polly case but I'm trying to think a little outside the box. Has anyone found anything that works great but is non-Polly? I'm imagining something with many small drawers that would work well with all the small shoes and accessories. One thought would be a tackle box, but I'd like it to be somewhat girly so I can leave it out in her room.
TIA!

egoldber
07-15-2007, 08:57 PM
LOL! So throwing it all in a Rubbermaid bin doesn't count? :)

Jenny_A
07-15-2007, 10:16 PM
My daughter is not old enough to play with Polly Pocket yet but I've seen some really pretty fabric boxes and jewelry boxes at places like TJ Max and Marshalls. The jewelry boxes had little compartments. I picked up a couple of really pretty miniature "suitcases" (little boxes with handles on them) at Marshalls. I thought one day they might hold doll clothes. You might keep your eyes open there.

Let's see... you might also look at Target in the section where the kids/ young girls bedding and accessories are. I think I remember seeing some girly boxes with little drawers.

I'll post again if I think of anymore ideas. I love coming up with fun storage for things like this :-)

Jenny

Jenny_A
07-15-2007, 10:40 PM
What about a sewing box? It's got some small compartments in it. You might look at a fabric store like JoAnn's.

Or maybe a pretty hat box (Tuesday Morning usually has a ton of these). You could make your own compartments with a little creativity using cardboard OR get some little tins at Michaels to put the shoes in and then put those in the hat box.

Oh, I'm going to have so much fun when DD gets into dolls and small pieces :-)! I LOVE cleaning up her playroom at night and organizing/setting up her toys for her. It's sick, I know (hanging head in shame) ;-).

Jenny

JMS
07-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Thanks Jenny for all the great suggestions. I'll be near a JoAnn's today.. I'll stop in and see what I can come up with there. You're already so good at this type of thing and you haven't even had a ton of practice yet.. just wait until she gets older :)

DD loves all the shoes and actually is very good at matching outfits and accessories .. the problem is that she knows when something is missing :)

Thanks again for your help.. and please do post any additional suggestions you may think of.

JMS
07-16-2007, 07:21 AM
It's finding the matching shoes in the overwhelmingly large collection of Polly outfits and accessories that is our problem.. I would just love a more organized system :)