PDA

View Full Version : Thomas RECALL update?

jbrandy
07-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I got an email from RC2 today saying they received my package of Thomas recall items(which I sent weeks ago). Has anyone actually recieved anything replacement vehicles in the mail yet?? Just curious -- I have a feeling it will be Christmas before we actually see anything come back. We had nearly everything on that page except the buildings. I'm curious to see what will be returned.

Beth B
DS 4-4-03
DS 4-18-07

LBW
07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I haven't even received the email confirmation! I've got to say that I'm not at all impressed with the way they're handling this.

caheinz
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I got my email confirmation a couple of weeks ago (email came on 6/28 -- I don't live that far from Iowa and sent them shortly after the recall).

Email says:

"We have received the items you have returned to RC2 Corporation in response to our voluntary recall. Your replacement order is now being processed. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of your replacement items due to the time needed to produce new product.

Thank you for your patience. If you need to contact us please use the following reference number: xxxxxx

Regards,
Consumer Service
RC2 Corporation"

So, I guess I have 4-6 weeks to wait yet...

And they'd BETTER be sending exact replacements. Can you imagine no more James????

shburks
07-18-2007, 06:23 PM
I got my confirmation e-mail on 6/30 and it said the same thing. I also sent mine in pretty quickly after the recall. We're just waiting patiently...

:)

KBecks
08-05-2007, 07:28 AM
We received Fergus as a bonus engine (he's blue not red :) ) with a letter saying the replacements will come eventually. I imagine it is taking them a while to get enough stock and then assemble the replacement orders.

Alek likes Fergus. I'm glad we got an update and the bonus engine.

ajrivers
08-05-2007, 07:21 PM
I just thought I would add that in addition to the "gift" we received (ours was an Oliver) they also stated in the email that they would be sending out a separate check to cover shipping costs.

Just for timing reference...I mailed mine the very first day of the recall and got the Oliver letter last week.

Amy

jbrandy
08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
We received SCRuffy today -- we already have that one. Bummer! Anyone want to trade?

Beth B

KBecks
08-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I was secretly hoping to get one of the engines+tenders but I think they are all the one piece engines.

Alek is already attached to his Fergus, he's slept with him the last two nights. I sure hope they've got that $#*% paint fixed!

ETA: I wonder how many of the free "for your trouble" engines will wind up going on ebay --- I guess I should peek over there to see if there are any deals :) Yes, I'm still buying Thomas engines.

jse107
08-08-2007, 11:59 AM
We got James (a new one) back and our additional engine was Toad. I'm interested to keep hearing what others are getting!