PDA

View Full Version : What does your 2 year old girl play with????

daisy1234
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Help I need to know what are fun toys for a 2 year 3 month old dd!! I had a boy first so we have mainly have boy toys. My 2 year old seems more interested in what he is doing and what I am doing! I need some toys that I can play with her and that she can enjoy and entertain herself. We have an old toy kitchen...would it be worth it to get a better one? How about some kind of dollhouse?? What kind? Any ideas would be appreciated. I am looking for Christmas ideas as well. Thank you!!!

Jenny_A
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
My daughter is only 18 months but here are some ideas of what she is in to:

- a small plastic tea set. She LOVES to pretend to have tea.
- Mega Blocks (at 2 you might be able to move up to Duplos)
- baby doll and play bottle. DD likes to play feed her doll and we have a toy highchair and stroller. She enjoys playing 'Mommy'.
- Mr. Potato Head
- Melissa & Doug wooden lacing beads
- play silks
- a bunch of small plastic animals I picked up at Michael's. They came in tubes. Super cheap and they entertain her for a long time.
- Fisher Price Little People
- crayons & markers (I put her in her high chair to contain the mess)

HTH

Jenny

cvanbrunt
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
My daughter is 22 months and she's got a few favorites. She loves the stacking toys and most anything from Melissa and Doug. Her toy stroller gets loaded with stuffed animals and then she chases the dogs around the house. Fisher Price barn and Little People airplane. Toy dishes are popular. Her favorite is crayons/markers and any piece of paper she can find. I've also loaded a bottom drawer in the kitchen with tupperware and plastic kitchen tools. She loves unloading and reloading the drawer.

janeybwild
07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Fisher Price Snap n Style dolls, stacking cups, Megablocks, books, dress-up clothes, Little People dollhouse or zoo. HTH

traciann
07-18-2007, 12:53 PM
my dd is almost 27 months and this is what she plays with

-all little people stuff(house, farm, garage, playground, airplane, car, etc) i sit with her and guide her play and that helps to get her playing on her own
-books
-we just got a hand me down kitchen...which she loves. I bought her a set of Step 2 pots and pans and she LOVES them. we have play food, but I haven't brought it out yet, because she loves to bring plates of pretend food.
-playdough/paint
-flash cards...all kinds
-cars
-stuffed animals/dolls-she loves to feed and cover them with blankets. i am thinking about getting her some kind of doll bed.
-lego quattros
-magna doodle
-balls
-parents buckets of buckets tower...really likes this!

chinadaughter
07-19-2007, 08:36 PM
We got my daughter an art table at that age, and she absolutely loved it. Our sand and water table has also kept her playing for hours.

Julie

newnana
07-20-2007, 08:17 AM
Our DDs are the same age. My DD LOVES:

-Her baby dolls and anything related to them.
-Her shopping cart and kitchen.
-My kitchen (sorry, no help with that one)But I gave her a drawer of stuff that is just hers, tupperware, spoons so she can cook when I do. When she's really serious, she wears her apron, too.
-Bubbles. They make these "spill proof" ones that mostly are, but the only ones I've seen that really work are the small character ones like Pablo and Dora. They are a little bigger than a roll of quarters.
-Foam stickers. You know those tubs of foam stickers from Michaels? Those seem to be the best for her to be able to peel off and do her own. Those and a construction paper tablet keep her occupied for ages. They are on sale right now for $4.
-her Tent. We got her a tent and flashlight from the clearance aisle from target. she loves sitting in there and reading books or just shining the light around.
-Little people train and pirate ship. We just took the small parts off of the pirate ship.
- Little people Doodle Pro.
- Bubble wrap!!! Buy the sheet of it, cut it off and tape it to the floor. DD can lay on the floor and pop them for ages or sometimes her friends like to jump on them, but that's not her style. I know they shouldn't play with plastic, but with it taped on the floor and me paying close attention, we've never had a problem with it. She LOVES this.
- Mr. Potato Head Spud Buds. They are made for ages 2 and up and are much easier for her to use than the regular Mr. Potato I've seen. Plus their aren't as many small parts, but lots of variety.
-Books galore.

HTH!

mariza
07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Here are some of my 2.5yo's favorites:
* Books
* Play Tea Set
* Bubbles
* She LOVES these Dora the Explorer Flashcards (I like them too!)
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&endeca=1&isbn=1741811708&itm=8
* She also likes this VTech electronic book:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=cm_reviews_dp_seemore/601-3575087-2622501?ie=UTF8&coliid=&frombrowse=1&alt%5Fview=custReviews&asin=B0007YDDT4#R1VA4NWTQCWW6Q

I got the it on clearance this week at Target for $9, I almost didn't since she has all the Leapfrog stuff (Little Leappad, Leaps Phonics Pond, etc) and doesn't play with them very much. She has not put the Vtech Bookworm down, she even sleeps with it!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06

kaitlinsmommy
07-20-2007, 09:51 PM
DD loved babies at that age & adored her LP dollhouse. In fact, she still plays with both.

C99
07-21-2007, 12:22 AM
- toy kitchen w/ pots, pans and food
- dress-up clothes, shoes, hats, necklaces, etc.
- Melissa & Doug wooden dollhouse
- LP school bus
- Matchbox cars
- wooden trains and train track
- baby dolls and doll strollers