PDA

View Full Version : Where online to buy Thomas trains? And are they safe to play with?

jess_g
07-18-2007, 06:57 AM
In light of the recall I am wondering if all the trains are safe (except the recalled ones that is)? I have some with some red paint on the front for instance and I wonder if they are safe for my son or not (since they have some of the red paint and most of the recalled trains were red)? And since he is so into them he has some new ones too. Is there any way to be sure they don't have lead paint on them?

I also wanted to ask where is a good safe place to buy them online? My son wants gordens express couches and I know they don't have those at AC More or Barnes and Noble. We do have a great train store about an hour away but I have not called to see if they have them yet. I am thinking of just ordering online.

Thanks,

Jessica.

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I've seen Target stuff at Michaels, Target, Joseph Beth Booksellers and TRU as well as most independent stores. I bet the online stores of them would be worth checking.

The red paint thing (and maybe yellow based on some recalls) makes me wonder about all my red Thomas trains. But, I think maybe the trains not recalled were painted at a dif't time, dif't facility or with dif't supplies. Still leary though!!!

Beth

kaitlinsmommy
07-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I order our train stuff from www.trainsgalore.com. They have awesome customer service! I e-mailed something small, but slightly annoying & the president e-mailed me back right away a very long, apologetic e-mail. The prices also seem good. I ordered an expansion pack, which was the same price at Michael's with the 40% off coupon.

punkrockmama
07-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Another vote for trainsgalore. I've placed big orders from them over the past year and never had a problem. I also think the prices are good. I used to look over at creativetrains.com but everything always seemed to be out of stock.

You know what's funny is that my boy was OBSESSED with Thomas. But right around the time I found out (here of course) about the recall he seemed to lose interest. His train play has dramatically decreased. It's almost like he *knew*. I took the trains while he was sleeping and he didn't even notice. I never said anything. Lol, maybe I was telegraphing it.