PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed - carrying strap for balance bike?

JdrKuhnert
07-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I took the plunge and purchased a Puky balance bike for my son before we leave Germany. Now I wonder if I should buy the carrying strap. I have no idea if I will end up doing most of the carrying or not. Unlike the bike purchase, I have a little more time to decide if I want a carrying strap or not. I can always put the strap in the suitcase, but the bike has to go in the container tomorrow. For those of you with any experience, I would sincerely appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Janda

LBW
07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
We have one and use it. It's makes carrying the bike when DS1 gets tired of riding it MUCH easier - especially if I have DS2 in a stroller or walking along side us. You might want to get some of the other bike accessories, too. We have the little bag that attaches to the steering wheel - DS1 loves it for carrying little toys and I can use it to hold the strap.

It's not that expensive, so I'd recommend it.

mom to little e
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Can you tell me where to buy these accessories (if we aren't in Germany??)

Thanks!
Maryann
Mommy to Ean & Mia!

LBW
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
I think you can only get them from Germany right now, unless gliderrider.com has some - they're the only US distributor for PUKY. I ordered mine from Germany. I don't have all of the information about the store with me...but if you do a search here you'll find it. When I ordered the bike earlier this year I posted everything.

HTH!

JdrKuhnert
07-21-2007, 02:58 AM
Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. The bag sounds like a great idea, too. I was wondering what I would do with the strap while he rode the bike. There is also a bell that says "Get out of the way, please" that I would like to buy, but I can't find it. It may be old - a kid at the park had one and my son loved it.