PDA

View Full Version : Birthday/Holiday shopping for a second child

buddyleebaby
07-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Did anyone else struggle with this?

DD2 will be one in September. I was attempting to compile a birthday and then Christmas list and I am having difficulty.

What do you get for the second child when you already have everything from the first?

Lovingliv
07-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Alicia!!!!!!!!

You know, I am having a hard time with this stuff too. So, I try to find things that are more unique (like independently owned toy shops)and give her those things.

I feel this way about her clothes too. So I bought her a Hanna play dress from the outlet. I know her sister has a few to pass down, but I really want her to have something new that is special just for herself.
KWIM?

I feel like we already have SO much, that I can get rid of some stuff to make room for Tess' stuff. That's how I justify it!!!

brittone2
07-20-2007, 12:24 PM
DS got all of the "big" items, so there isn't much we need for DD. Her bday and Christmas are only 2 weeks apart, so that's kind of a challenge too.

I bought her 1st bday gift while I was still pg because I got a good deal on it. She's getting the Haba ball track Rock N Roll thing.

For Christmas and/or bday she'll get some clothes, since at that age hopefully just opening stuff will be fun for her. I am also going to get her some unique books like those from www.barefoot books. I didn't know about those when DS was young, so DD is getting some of the "bear" series (bear on a bike, etc.) Someone once brought up here that it is nice to have a separate book collection for each kid, even some repeats of the classics, so they they can each have a nice collection to hand down to their own children.

I'm hoping to have time to make her a little bunting doll.

One other thing she's getting is a nicer push toy, like a Haba walker wagon or the RF one. DS had one from my working days but it is old and plastic, and right now DS uses it a lot outside. I don't think I'm going to wait until bday/Christmas for that since she could probably start using it in another month or so.