PDA

View Full Version : Thomas wooden train with NO eyebrows?

geochick
07-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Help! My son has a million, or so, Thomas wooden trains. There is one that he loves most (he sleeps with it, takes it everywhere, etc.). The other day he lost it for a while...it was horrible. He later found it, but I decided I should get another one as a replacement in the event that he loses it again. The problem is, I can't find the exact one. Here's the description...

It's a Thomas wooden engine, but it's different from his other Thomases in one important way, IT HAS NO EYEBROWS. ALL of the other Thomases we have have eyebrows. My son calls him, "Thomas with no eyebrows." He won't play with the "hairy" Thomases anymore.

Do you have any idea what set he came in or how I can get another with NO eyebrows? I checked at my local toy store and at Michael's. Those are hairy. :(

Thanks!

punrocker
07-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Could you post a picture? Although, my son's Thomas has no eyebrows, either, and it's a regular Thomas train. The eyebrow paint just rubbed off from frequent use. What if you tried a little creative "plucking" on a "hairy" Thomas? ;)

geochick
07-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I have pictures, but I don't know how to post them anymore. The options below aren't what they used to be. Hmmm...

Anyway, no, the eyebrows didn't wear off, and I think my ds would know what was up if I scraped off the eyebrows of a hairy Thomas. I asked this question of an online toy store. They asked for a better description and exactly which set I bought the train with. If I knew that, I'd just buy the set again.

Thanks so much for your input. If I figure out pictures, I'll post one. I have one picture showing what many of our Thomas trains look like with worn eyebrows and one showing what a hairless Thomas looks like.

Thanks!

geochick
07-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I guess I have to be "allowed" by an administrator to post images. It's not that important.

s7714
07-26-2007, 04:44 PM
All mine have eyebrows too. Funny how kids can pick up on such a minor little detail and stick to it! I'll keep an eye out for hairless Thomas tanks for you! ;)

Jennifer
Mommy to
Miss Pure Energy 3/03
Miss Limit Tester 6/05

Our bones may be brittle, but our spirit is unbreakable.
Osteogenesis Imperfecta www.oif.org

shilo
07-26-2007, 05:28 PM
i think photo posting directly to the forums is shut off for everyone, not just you :), from back when the servers were crashing. if you want to post photo's, it's pretty easy with photobucket. go to their website, sign up for a free acct., upload your photo, then cut and paste the little like that has the url (http:// thingy) for your pick into your post and the photo should show up.

hth, lori
Sam 5/19/05 How lucky I am that you chose me.

ps. not that learning curve customer service isn't probably inundated with trying to meet all of the recalled trains, but have you tried emailing them directly? you could put a copy of your picutre in the email fairly easily. their contact info is in the column on the left here:

http://www.learningcurve.com/wps/portal/customercare

geochick
07-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll try contacting them.

I don't think I'll bother with the photos on this one. I think you all get the idea.

Thanks so much!

kellyotn
07-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Are his eyes REALLY wide open? We have a no-eyebrow Thomas. I just looked! I had no idea.

This no-eyebrow Thomas came with the silver, super-fast, battery operated turbo engine.

HTH

ETA - Just realized his eyes are probably wide open because he's saying "Oh holy moly this turbo engine is pushing me FAST!!!!" That's pretty much what it looks like. ;)

geochick
07-26-2007, 09:05 PM
>Are his eyes REALLY wide open? We have a no-eyebrow Thomas. I
>just looked! I had no idea.
>
>This no-eyebrow Thomas came with the silver, super-fast,
>battery operated turbo engine.
>
>HTH
>
>ETA - Just realized his eyes are probably wide open because
>he's saying "Oh holy moly this turbo engine is pushing me
>FAST!!!!" That's pretty much what it looks like. ;)

Hmmm...we do have the jet engine, and it did come with a Thomas, but this picture makes it look like the Thomas that comes with it has hair. Are you positive? My Thomas doesn't have an "o" mouth. I think we're getting closer.

http://www.allaboardtoys.com/thomas_the_tank_engine_train_and_friends/complete_wooden_collection/battery_powered_trains/battery_powered_jet_engine_with_thomas.asp

kellyotn
07-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Absolutely positive. We only have 2 actual Thomas trains. This one that we've had for years, and one we got last week from a mail-in thing. The new one is "paint splattered" Thomas. And, it does have eye brows.

We got it no-eyebrow for Christmas 2005. My brother bought it at a hobby shop. It is well-loved, so maybe he originally had them? The rest of his face looks perfectly in place, so I have a hard time believing JUST The eyebrows got rubbed off. I'm betting just different manufacturing lots in different years, different factories, etc. But, weirder things have happened, I'm sure. :)

geochick
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Interesting. Mine has HUGE eyes and no eyebrows...I'm certain they didn't get rubbed off. His mouth is just smiling, no shock or surprise. Inside the wheels it says something like Limited 2003. I wonder if we just got lucky with the mutant Thomas of 2003?

Thanks for checking.

kellyotn
07-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Mine says limited 2003 in the wheels too. And, the word "Gullane"?

His mouth is definitely going "oh!!"

punrocker
07-27-2007, 09:44 AM
The eyebrows (and only the eyebrows!) rubbed off on our standard Thomas train within a few weeks after DS got it, over 2 years ago. The rest of the face was perfectly intact. Ours also says "Gullane (Thomas) Limited 2003" on the inner side of the wheels. None of our other wooden trains have lost their eyebrows.

I think the "60th Anniversary Set" came with an "exclusive face" Thomas, but I can't find pics of it online nor in the few Learning Curve Thomas yearbooks that we have.

Good luck with your search! :)

ETA pic of our eyebrow-less Thomas; sorry it's blurry. After 2+ years of play, the rest of the face has started to wear off, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/punrocker/pub01/IMG_5436_2_2.jpg

mmdanfor
07-27-2007, 09:53 AM
We have two Thomas's with no eyebrows. One came with our Conductor's figure 8 set, purchased in 2004; I think the other came with the Water Tower figure 8 set we got for Christmas 2005. My son calls the newer Thomas "Thomas with the red hoops" because he has red stripes painted on top. Never noticed they were missing eyebrows!

Hope this helps.

geochick
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM
We have both of those sets, so you could be on to something. Thanks!