PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this nap mat?

mommysammi
07-26-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42344&CatTyp=RLE&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=11cbf5b&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=1&Dep=Kids+%2b+Baby&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=nap+mat&S4DeptID=42249&CmCatId=SearchResults|SearchDepartment&Search1Prod=True

This is so cheap compared to other ones I've seen. Wondering how the quality is? TIA.

thomma
07-27-2007, 10:35 AM
bump...because I'm curious too! :)

lovin2shop
07-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I have it! It's only had a couple of days worth of use, so I can't attest to the long term durability, but overall, I'd say it is a good deal. I bought it after seeing the post here because we only needed a napmat for a short period of time, so I didn't want to invest in the more expensive ones. My DS loves it because the fleece blanket part on it is very soft. He also can roll it up and close the velco tabs very easily. Before using it, he mentioned that the pillow is not very "puffy", but he was previously used to a pretty thick travel pillow. I've asked him since if the pillow part is ok, and he said he really likes it. So, my almost 5 yr old gives it a big thumbs up.

I only did a light wash on it before use, so I'll give it a good wash this weekend and let you know how it holds up. Overall the quality is not quite the same as the quilted ones at PBK, but I think that it definitely serves its purpose well. I bought mine in store for $14.99 and they were located next to the baby blankets/gifts. They were hanging on racks in the storage totes that come with them. HTH!

mommysammi
07-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow, thank you so much for the helpful review. We need one for preschool. Just one more question - is it pretty padded on the bottom or does it need an additional mat? Thanks again!

sdjeppa
07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Durability wise, it did better than I expected, for the price. We used ours for over 2 years! I did have to replace the pillow - I just cut a slit in the back, and put a toddler size pillow in - the batting it came with in there got all lumpy after a few months. After that, no other problems...and it got used 3-5 days a week, and washed weekly.

As far as padding, its about the thickness of a quilt...but daycare uses padded mats on the floor, so I wasn't worried about that part.

mommysammi
07-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks. I was able to find it at our local JCP today for $14.99. I figured for the price, I can buy another one if it wears out quickly.

KentuckyRK
07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't have a review, but I do know that when I worked there not too long ago we sold those things by the handful and I don't remember ever having to return one.