PDA

View Full Version : Leapster vs V Smile???

tina-t
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Would the Leapster system be better than the V smile system or vice versa, for a 4 yo? MIL is planning to get one for ds but is asking if we prefer one over the other.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or opinions. TIA!!!

JBaxter
07-29-2007, 07:35 AM
We love your leapster ( L-Max) We have Letters, Dora and Cars and it was a savior on our last flight.
I have a friend who has been less than happy with her vsmile.

jbrandy
07-29-2007, 07:40 AM
I can't really say which I like better but we've had a Leapster L-Max for over a year and our 4 year old LOVES IT! He did very well with it at age three even. The L-Max plugs into the tv so that you can work with your child or if they just want a bigger picture. We have 15+ games and DS loves them all! Leapster makes games that very young up to older children can play. I also love that Leapster has the re-charge unit. The recharge unit costs $39 but....we've never had it stop working and we don't need batteries. Occationally I just make sure we put it on the charge unit -- no need to charge it every day.

I hope this helps.

Beth B
DS 4-4-03
DS 4-18-07

MelissaTC
07-29-2007, 02:30 PM
We have both. DS likes both equally. The advantage to the Leapster (we have the L-Max as well) is that it is portable. Great for long trips, plane rides, doctor's offices, etc... Definitely get the charging system because it sucks through batteries!

Tondi G
07-29-2007, 04:55 PM
LEAPSTER L-MAX!!!!

KrystalS
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
We have the vsmile and I don't like it at all. DD is 3.5 and we have most of the games, she has a hard time playing all of them. At first I thought it was because she was still too young for it. But she plays games on the computer all the time that are out of her age range with no problems. I'm planning to get her the Lmax for Christmas. Which games do you all recommend for the younger ages? I know for sure she'll want the Dora game, but what other ones are good?

calv
07-30-2007, 02:59 PM
LEAPSTER! I love all LF toys/games. I believe they're all very educational and age apporpriate. we also have the l-max and just recently got the charger. :)