PDA

View Full Version : My 1 year Old Needs A Flotation Swimsuit

boss1
07-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Now that it's summer, my 1 year old daughter and I are making frequent visits to the swimming pool. I'm searching for some flotation swimsuits that she can wear in the pool. can someone make some recommendations? If you have some suggestions of any online retailers that would be great as well....

Jen841
07-30-2007, 09:57 AM
IMO I suggest a life jacket vs a suit. We have a suit and it does not force up the head of the child like a jacket/vest does. I would not rely on the suit.

n2ou
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
The YMCA and the other gym in my town do not allow any other kind besides an approved life vest. I don't know much about life-vests but it might be a better investment.

Simone_AZ

TracyBee
07-30-2007, 11:10 AM
We got a floatation suit from Walgreen's and it is terrific! We got it recently and it was 75% off so it was about $4.00. My DD is 4 and has freedom in the pool like she's never had before.

No, it is not approved as a life vest (neither are floaties), but that's not what I was looking for. I just wanted something to help her stay afloat while she swims under my watchful eye. It does not ride up at all and she is incredibly comfortable. She absolutely loves her swimsuit.

Leeannpk
07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I agree with the poster who said that that type of suit might not be allowed where you swim. We are members at a lake, and I have seen the lifeguards tell parents their kids can't wear those suits in the water on several occasions. It would stink to buy it and then learn you can't actually use it.

I did a see a suit like that at Marshall's over the weekend. I think it was $8.

Leeann

kochh2
07-30-2007, 03:34 PM
if you search archives, you'll fiind some posts regarding a product we've had for ds.. the swim buoy.. we LOVE it!!!