PDA

View Full Version : What age for walker wagon? Haba or RF?

jyllebean
07-29-2007, 08:30 PM
If your dc used/liked a walker wagon, at what age did they start using it? DD is only 6 months and doesn't need it anytime soon, I'm just thinking ahead if buying it for Christmas would be too late (she will be 11 mos then). Also, I've heard great things about both, but any preference between the HABA and Radio Flyer one?

Thanks!
Jill

new_mommy25
07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I think around the time they start pulling up is good. I don't think 11 months old is too late. Even after they master walking they will still like pushing their wagon over the house.

elephantmeg
07-30-2007, 04:16 AM
we got one for DS at Christmas when he was 10 months old. He figured it out right away and was walking independantly at 11.5 months! He still likes it but plays more with his push tractor now. We have the RF one, I've never seen the Haba.

Lolagirl
07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
My boys received the Haba wagon for their first birthday, and they still love playing with it a year later. I do wish we had gotten it sooner though, because it's perfect for creeping babies to pull up on and later push around. I recently saw the RF wagon, and I think the Haba wagon is much sturdier and more stable for a smaller child to use. The wheels are wood with rubber treads, and it definitely doesn't have the tendency to slide around or get away from a child like a lot of the plastic push toys I've seen around.

Good luck.