PDA

View Full Version : I need play potatoes

punkrockmama
07-31-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm thinking felt since wood potatoes would basically be small, solid, wooden balls...*OUCH*.

So, where's the best place to buy a sack of little potatoes? It'd be super sweet if they came in a little mesh bag as well. Or where could I get one those too?

Thanks! :)

kristenk
07-31-2007, 01:40 PM
I promise to go on an on-line potato hunt for you if you tell me how you're going to use them! :P

ETA: How about this from an etsy seller?
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5907871

ETA2: How do you feel about bean bag potatoes with faces?
http://www.neatsolutions.com/learning%20resources/fruit%20and%20vegetable/vegetable_seedies.htm

punkrockmama
07-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh, ahahaha. *I'm* not gonna use them, my big kid is. :) He loooves to pretend to cook. "I can make french fries, and mashed potatoes, and roasted potatoes, and potato pancakes, and potato cupcakes, etc...." So cute. :D

But the kid is STEALING my real, actual potatoes. It's like I have mice (very strong, very smart mice). I go to cook and the bag will be open and potatoes will be missing. I then find them later in various places.

I had in mind ordering from a WAHM. Thanks for the links. I like the first one. The second ones are cute but he probably couldn't bring himself to cook something with a face on it. :P

Melanie
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
How about making some out of pantyhouse? You could double (or triple/quadruple) it, stuff it and stitch closed/knot the end; then stitch through it like quilting to make the 'eyes.'

new_mommy25
07-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Those would be ridiculously easy to make. All you need is some brown felt, thread, and poly fil.

new_mommy25
07-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Thought of something else...DS has a ton of Mr. Potato heads and some of them are much smaller, like the size of a real potato. Those would work and they wouldn't hurt too badly if thrown. :)

kristenk
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I didn't really think that *you* were going to use them! LOL

I've sort of struck out in my soft potato online searches. I'll add more links if I find any new potatoes! ;)

punkrockmama
08-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. LOL, you have NO idea how uncrafty of a person I am. I would love to be able to make stuff, but um, that's just not a good idea. Whatever I'd cobble together would probably scare him. ;)

Mr. Potato head! I forgot about him, I had one and loved him. They make smaller, baby ones? I'll have to check it out.

new_mommy25
08-02-2007, 07:07 PM
The ones we have actually came in a big set. There were 2 regular sized spuds and two smaller, real potato sized spuds. Good luck! :)

BeachBum
08-04-2007, 09:07 AM
At my "Dollar General" they have the baby potato sets for $2.