PDA

View Full Version : Third birthday gift?

MarisaSF
08-01-2007, 02:50 PM
DD's birthday is coming up and we're stuck. What has your 3 yr old loved playing with?

rlu
08-01-2007, 03:06 PM
DS (3 1/3) is usually either

playing with his garbage trucks
playing with his trains
playing with his kitchen
playing in the sand box and/or "mowing" the lawn
reading

new_mommy25
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Trains- Thomas and Geo Trax.
House - Loves DD's pink pottery barn stroller and shopping cart. Also his play kitchen. Always loves getting new food for it.
Hot Wheels
Blocks
Board Games - Hi Ho Cherry O, Candyland, Orchard, Hungry Hippos, Old Maid, Memory, Barrel of Monkeys, Hisss, Chutes and Ladders, Cariboo, Hullabaloo, Swinging Snakes
Playsets - Animal Planet and Playmobil
Duplos (just got a bunch of these and they are a huge hit. Have you seen the cool Duplo doll house? http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=4966

Have you seen the Playmobil doll house? It's so cool. My friend gave it to her DD for her 3rd birthday and all the kids love it. http://tinyurl.com/2ba3eu

punkrockmama
08-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Okay Peyton is three now and will be four in Jan. This was the year of:

sandbox/watertable

trains, airplanes, construction vehicles, cars, ANYthing with wheels

vacumm cleaner (actually a wooden push toy), anything to "help" clean. So maybe learning tower too?

pouring stuff, counting stuff, stringing stuff

kitchen play, so wood/wool food

playing store, using money to buy/sell

balls, SOCCER!

dress up--pirate, detective, police man, doctor, UPS man :)

Bugs! There are bug jars filled with small, realistic rubber bugs at Target. It comes with a magnifying glass. It was a big hit! He loves it when I toss them around and then he goes on a bug hunt.

shopping cart

Anything you can climb on or ride in

Books. He's been into "reading" them to me and his sister. :)

Also, space & nature. He loves learning about different kinds of animals (farm and especially jungle) and is showing a big interest in outerspace. He has a moon in his room and has been asking for stars.

Hope this helps. :)

mykidsmom
08-01-2007, 11:05 PM
my dd will be 3 in November. Right now she LOVES:
-her kitchen and all the play food and dishes
-Little People
-princess stuff (the pvc Princess figures from Disney store)
-Snap N'Style dolls
-Clifford books
-Dolls

We are planning to buy her a wooden doll house for her 3rd b-day. (the PBK one).

annasmom
08-02-2007, 08:19 AM
The biggest hits from my dd's 3rd birthday were dress-up clothes and a princess arts & crafts set. A year later and she still plays with them constantly.

bluestar2
08-02-2007, 11:48 AM
blocks
puzzles
balls
books
art supplies
playdough
tricycle

muskiesusan
08-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Alex got a balance bike for his third birthday and it is by far his favorite thing. I think he would sleep with it if we let him!

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01
& Alex 04/04

brittone2
08-02-2007, 02:02 PM
DS is pretty consistent with what the PPs mentioned. He mostly spends his time playing with:

Kitchen and kitchen stuff

Train table

Cars, trucks, anything with wheels. Tractors, construction vehicles, and garbage trucks are particularly favored. He always liked this stuff but there has really been renewed interest (majorly!!) in trains, train table, and all vehicles in the past few months

Some play with doll stroller, doll and baby bassinet (my 3 year old neighbor is more into this and DS is doing more with the baby since the two of them have been playing together more often)

Enjoys (but this is a royal PITB for me if I'm not in the mood since I have to build it LOL) marble maze stuff. The good part is it is easy to add onto, and will probably hold some interest for a few years

Games-Hi Ho Cherry Oh, some Haba stuff (Crafty Badger and Grab Bag are recent ones we picked up), Snails Pace Race, Don't Spill the Beans, the Eeboo Life on Earth matching game (basically the same as Memory), Zingo

Balance Bike (Puky) which was his actual 3rd bday gift

Tools/outdoor items. He likes his shovel, rake, Radio Flyer wheelbarrow, all that stuff. Small broom. Scissors, art stuff. He likes painting, those bingo style Do a Dot markers or whatever they are called, play doh, and the playdoh extruder thingie.

More into his small metal swingset as of late. He was never a big slide/swingset kinda kid but he has really gotten into this lately.

Sandbox

His 4th bday is in Feb. and I"m kinda stumped for one "big" item for bday or Christmas this year. I feel like we have a lot of the big stuff already. I kinda prefer the one big gift to a bunch of smaller stuff, but in our case, I think it may be the year of a few smaller gifts (have some stuff put away already)

mom2aidan
08-03-2007, 09:23 AM
My First leappad---loves it!

Leapster! It keeps him occupied for hours.

Pretend and play cash register!

AmyZ
08-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Toys that get everyday play:

Dress-up - princess, pirate, ballerina
Little People playsets - barn, school bus, ferris wheel
Lead painted Dora and family dolls :-)
Snap 'n style dolls
Diego rescue center
Play silks
Baby dolls and stoller, baby bath, clothes etc...
Kitchen and food
Tea party - we have a couple of different sets

She was given Cranium Hullaballu and Elefun from friends and they were big hits.

Edited to add:
sticker books (Bobby Brown or Oscar Otter, Highlights Hidden Pictures)
puzzles (24 piece and up)

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Moneypenny
08-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I believe our DDs have the same birthday.

Avery is loving the following:
-play-doh and more play-doh
-felt story boards
-playsilks for dress-up
-cleaning items (pretend swiffer and microfiber cloths)
-playfood and plates and utensils - she makes picnics for us several times a day
-role-playing with little people-type sets

We are getting her a circus train and some more felt boards for her birthday. Really, though, she just wants the cake and ice cream, lol!

Susan
mama to my cutie pie, Avery
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif[/img][/url]