PDA

View Full Version : **Webkinz** Tutoria Needed

AmyZ
08-03-2007, 08:11 PM
I need to send b'day gifts to my 8 year old neice and 6 year old nephew. Neither have webkinz, so I thought that would be a good gift to send. (I hope their parents won't hate me! :-))

Anything I need to know? Are all Webkinz mostly created equal?? I saw a couple of different brands on Amazon.

I'm clueless... any input would be helpful! Thank you!

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

Pennylane
08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
I would just go with a regular webkinz, not the little webkinz. I know that the cats, dogs, and horses are always pretty popular. Not sure how much you want to spend but you could also include a package of the Webkinz trading cards too. They are about 2.50 in stores. Our Hallmark stores have the best selection of Webkinz I have found.

I'm sure they will love it!

Ann

ctmom
08-05-2007, 07:22 AM
I would ask their parents first if they play games on the computer. I have a friend who doesn't want to start the Webkinz thing because she doesn't let her dd go on the computer.

Their are two different kinds, Webkinz and Lil'kinz. The only difference is the Lil'kinz are smaller, but not by much. My dd has one of each and plays with them both. They come with a special "secret code" and you register that number online at www.webkinz.com. Every time you log onto the site you play with the pet, feed it, and play games to earn Kinzcash for food, clothes, furniture...

I don't know of any that aren't popular! My dd has two dogs. There are also cats, horses, frogs, monkeys etc...Just be aware that they do retire some so those are the ones that go for a lot of money. To me, we aren't "collecting" them, we are playing with them, so I won't spend the money on a "retiring soon" one or one that isn't being made anymore...

hth!

Mary
dd#1 2/01
dd#2 12/03

AmyZ
08-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks ladies! I appreciate your help. I'm going to check my local Hallmark store and see what animals they have in stock.

Thank you! :-)

Amy Z

Eliana 2/04
Abigail 1/07
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]

egoldber
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I would agree that I don't think there is any difference between the big ones and the little ones. My DD, along with some friends, picked out her own Webkinz. None of the kids seemed to pay any attention at all to which were the larger and smaller ones. Some are softer than others, and that influenced things a bit.

My DD picked out the black and white kitten because our cat is black and white. The puppies, ponies and the unicorn all seemed to be popular with the girls.

I would recommend throwing in a couple packs of trading cards. It can take awhile to figure out the site and how to earn more "Kash" in order to do some of the more interesting stuff on the website.

jasmine
08-07-2007, 12:10 AM
I have to add this, it may sound silly, but please make sure the recipient knows to keep the tag in a safe place :-). I gave one to a friend's DD and told my friend to not throw away the tag because it lets them go online. A few weeks later, I was showing my friend the webkinz site and she went to get the tag from the webkinz, she found out that her DD had removed the tag by herself and they still have not found it :-(.