PDA

View Full Version : wipes to wipe off toys

mominmarch
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
We had a playdate with someone the other day who looked like he was getting a cold. The mom then whipped out some Wed Ones and proceeded to wipe down the toys that he used before he left. I thought this was a great idea and I should buy some to keep as DD is 5 months old now and plays with many toys (not just the same three rattles I can wash when I wash her bottles) and also with other children. But when I went to buy some Wet Ones, the container said to only use with children over 2 years of age. Any advice on a handy wipe that is safe to use with infants? I imagine that the toys will dry fine before DD gets to them, but just in case, what brand wipes do you use?

babyready
08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Hmmm...I've always used Wet Ones. I never noticed the age recommendation (oops, bad mommy!) I think that as long as everything is dry before they touch it should be fine...I'll be watching to see what others suggest!

shburks
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't know if they still do, but about a year ago Pampers started making a product (like Wet Ones) that were specifically designed to wipe down toys. We use them up and didn't buy more (ds is almost three), so I don't know if they're still out there or not. We bought them at the supermarket in the baby aisle--near the baby wash type stuff.

greatcanuk
08-06-2007, 09:24 PM
As the PP mentioned, Pampers has 2 "Clean n' Play" products, wipes (in a cylindrical container) and a spray. I think these are still available, as I saw them fairly recently at BRU.

Camille

shburks
08-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Thank you! I couldn't remember what they were called!