PDA

View Full Version : Going nuts picking a PnP... please help!

shaunte
08-07-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm expecting my first baby and just now realizing how many kinds of PnP Graco alone has! Add in the non-Graco playards and the choices are boggling my mind!

Does anyone have a recent Pack n' Play or playard purchase that they are especially happy with?

Here's what I know I want:

-good quality, not flimsy or break-prone
-bassinet that baby could actually sleep in
-changing table (relatively high as I am 5'11" and don't want to bend down more than I have to)
-relatively easy to clean

Right now I'm planning on putting a crib in my 2nd floor bedroom for baby to sleep in at night and just changing the baby on our bed. The PnP would be for naps and changes on the first floor. But if baby likes sleeping in the PnP bassinet better I suppose I might need to bring it upstairs.

Thanks so much!

luvsviola
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
I have the Laura Ashley Canterbury in burgundy. I bought it for purely cosmetic reasons...it matched my bedroom. I loved it and would definitely buy it again.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266237&cp=2255983.2256188&pg=1&parentPage=family

I bought the cushy velour sheets at BRU near the changing pads. The Graco ones aren't very nice. I also bought a waterproof pad to put under the sheet.

What I like--
**Raised changer with places to keep stuff--a lifesaver. I kept hats, socks, the nose sucker, diapers, and other stuff in the baskets. It is high enough I kept a stack of receiving blankets and the wipes under it since DD didn't move much
**Vibration feature really helped soothe DD
**Bassinet doesn't shake--in my cheapy Fisher Price Aquarium PNP, the bassinet shakes every time DD moves and it wakes her up.
**It is really sturdy.

What I didn't like--
Doesn't fit through a standard door put together.
The bassinet doesn't fit in the bag--not really a problem since we didn't travel when she was small enough to use it though.

I'm indifferent on--
The canopy. I never really used it. DD pulls the lambs off now that she is 6 months.
The light--the canopy blocked it for the most part. It seemed like such a good idea.

Mostly, it wasn't so ugly and blends into most rooms.