PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Get Highlights Hidden Pictures Playground?

August Mom
07-21-2005, 12:09 AM
I received an offer for Highlights Hidden Pictures Playground, essentially activity books that are mailed to you each month. I didn't think I was that interested, but gave DS the sample that we received and he loved it. I'm just curious what you think about it, whether it really captivates kids for hours (as the promotional materials contend) and whether you think it's overpriced for what you get.

http://www.highlights.com/jump.jsp?contentpage=1&itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=1773&iProductID=1773

Karenn
07-21-2005, 12:21 AM
We don't get this magazine, but DS has come into contact with "hidden picture" type things on a couple of occassions and loved them both times. I could see him really getting excited about this kind of thing. (How did our "babies" actually get big enough to enjoy magazines though?!)

mmaimp
07-21-2005, 05:54 AM
We just got the offer too and DH sent it in. I'm not sure how long it takes to start receiving the books. My DS is younger than yours but really enjoyed the sample too so we thought we would try it.

ilovetivo
08-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Bump - anyone have it? We're thinking these might be good for plane trips too.

kristine_elen
08-11-2007, 01:51 PM
No, but we get High Five, a Highlights for the younger set, and it has some hidden pictures in it. My son likes them. Not sure if he'd like a whole book of them or not. I do recommend High Five, though. It was recommended to me by a friend whose son loves it.