PDA

View Full Version : Need Sofa Recommendations

nic33
08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello! We are moving to a new house and need new sofas. Our 12 month old still has reflux issues and has made our current fabric sofas look like they're polka dotted! We are thinking leather is the way to go but I'd like to know if anyone agrees/disagrees or has a better fabric suggestion, not only for spitting up issues but for general cleanability and durability.

TIA!
Nichole
Mom to DS 7/06

JBaxter
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
We had a blue leather sofa when Nathan was an infant he was a major spitter upper and I was VERY happy iwth the leather( it was DH's premarried stuff). We have since replaced it with a burgandy leather sofa/loveseat/chair and until I have no more children living at home I will ALWAYS own leather furniture. FYI get the leather protection package because if a child sould happen to get a steak knife out of the dishwasher to peal their own orange while you are putting laundry in the washer up stairs... it can be repaired :) if you dont have the "insurance" its about $200 to get 3 knife slices fixed.

nic33
08-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks so much for your input - sounds like leather is the way to go!!

Nichole

mommysammi
08-13-2007, 10:35 AM
We have microfiber suede-like material sofas. It's very good with stains and relatively cheaper than leather sofas. Also, I use fleece throws over the sofas so when there are any messes, I can just toss the throws into the washer. HTH.

mamababa
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
We're all about slipcovers at our house. I don't like to have to worry about kids jumping on the couch or making a mess, so we just got slipcovers for our old couch and switch them out as needed.

Leather sounds lovely, though!