PDA

View Full Version : German, French or USA made toys

mominmarch
08-15-2007, 08:51 AM
I have a 5.5 month old DD who puts EVERYTHING in her mouth and I am really worried with all these toy recalls. While none of the toys that we have are part of the recalls to date, I have to think that this is the tip of the iceberg. Until they find out which Chinese companies use the lead paint, I am really reluctant to let her have any toys from China (and did I see this morning on the news that they also think some of the plastic bibs at babies r us might have been made with lead paint? she puts those in her mouth too!).

We have gotten a few Habba wooden toys (all of the wooden toys are made in Germany with vegetable oil dye/paint we learned, but their cloth toys are made in china). Does anyone have any leads on other non-China toy sources?

While I don't want to overreact, a magazine I was just reading had a good article on the dangers of lead poisoning and it is very scary. If I can spend $100 for piece of mind, I figure I will try to do that and for her "mouthing" toys, get her USA/Germany/France. (But I can't make myself part with her exersaucers, which of course were made in China).

Thoughts much appreciated!

gatorsmom
08-15-2007, 10:03 AM
No advice, just wanted to say I completely understand and agree with you. I will be watching this thread closely.
Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

mominmarch
08-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Moolka.com has emailed me with this helpful list:
Some of the manufacturers that do not make any of their toys in China:
1. Selecta
2. Chelona
3. Holztiger
4. Hess
5. Sina
6. Spiel & Holz
7. Caran d'ache
8. BlaBla
9. PlanToys

And I see on www.oompa.com, she now has a section on toys made in Europe.

gatorsmom
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Thank you so much for sharing!!

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!