PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Wonders Swing or Papasan Swing for a newborn?

pongstress
08-16-2007, 01:45 AM
I was given an used OW swing, but the seat looks too upright for my 2 week old baby. However, on FP website both are listed under "cradle" swing, and FP rep said the recline of the seat for both models are pretty close.

I was thinking of springing for Papasan because it seems a lot more horizontal for a newborn in photos, but will it be a waste of money to have both? I have not seen OW and Papasan side by side in person.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

o_mom
08-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Make sure the OW swing is reclined all the way. There are two recline positions that you can change on the back of the seat. I have a FP Cradle swing like the OW (same swing with duck theme) and used it from birth. I did put one of those head support pads in it for the first 6-8 weeks to take up space, but the OW has a head support pad already, I think.

TraciG
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
don't buy a new one. I have the old OW swing, from 2003 & plan to use it with my newborn in March, that swing for us was a LIFESAVER !!!

JBaxter
08-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Like the PP said check and see if you have it in the most reclined position. I had one for Nathan and it had a very nice recline to ours. we used it alot due to reflux. I think 3 other babies have used my swing since and everyone like it.
I would see if the baby like a swing before spending extra $$

clc053103
08-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I have both of these swings. they are identical- I think PP is right, the swing is in the upright position and just needs to be reclined.

floridamommy
08-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Both my DS and DD have had reflux, colic, et al from the start and have used the same FO OW swing. It has been a LIFESAVER. I can't say it enough. My DS was in it from week 2 and still fits in it and just turned 4 months. I thought the swing motor would not last through one child and I would have to buy a new one, but it is still going strong and literally gets some use every single day. I have been very pleased with this product and my DS loves to watch the mobile and aquarium lights above him. HTH. Heather