PDA

View Full Version : So are you throwing out toys on the recall list but made before the effected date?

JMS
08-16-2007, 07:57 PM
So are you throwing out toys on the recall list but made before the effected date?

I have basically all of the FP Dora figures but they all have 2003 or 2004 stamped on them (obviously not sold "since May 2007") .. I have them bagged up and I'm considering chucking them just to be on the safe side. Maybe I should just throw out the entire playroom!!

kitmama
08-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I don't know- I've wondered the same thing! Luckily we have almost nothing that's been recalled, but does that mean what we do have is safe? For instance, I was thinking about our Thomas stuff- are the blue or green train cars (that were not part of the recall) lead free, or are the lead levels just low enough that the company was not required to recall? I'm not sure I like that thought, KWIM?

I've even started wondering about other things- what about the take and toss plastic dishes we use? Are they safe? Some of our wooden puzzles? This really has me thinking about all the stuff in our house. . .

ellies mom
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
No, Mattel normally has a good reputation for safety and they really do work hard to maintain it. I don't have many of their toys but the ones we have, we are keeping.

nicknack
08-17-2007, 07:20 PM
We got the Dora House this past spring at a used toy sale so obviously it was sold before May 2007. However, the number on the bottom is the same as the bad one, so I might just chuck it.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
08-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree,with the track record of excellence that they have I trust the company. I'm not throwing out our funny face elmo that dd recieved 2 years ago for christmas or our fp little people barn.