PDA

View Full Version : Target balance bike--filling tires?

miki
08-16-2007, 11:46 PM
How can I fill the tires on this thing? There is so little room above the tire's air valve that the part of DH's bike pump that needs to go over the air valve to do the filling is just too big. He's got more than one pump but they all will not fit in that little space. Any suggestions? TIA

MarisaSF
08-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Hmmm.... now I see why it only cost me $12.50. :)
I would take it to a bike shop. They seem to have small doo-hickies for their air pumps.

colegiala
08-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I had the same problem trying to fill the tires with our pump too. Even took the bike to a gas station to see if that air pump would work and nothing. Went back home and DH spent some time again trying to fit the pump in there and finally did. If that doesn't work the pp about taking it to a bike shop sounds good.
Good luck,
Gaby

kellyotn
08-20-2007, 09:33 AM
We have a little kit that has "attachments" for air pumps. It has needles to pump up soccer/basketballs, various size adaptors, a tiny hand pump, etc. One thing in there was a little adaptor that was fabric-like (looked like a 3 inch rope with the screw-in pieces on the end).

We screwed it onto the tire and then attached the other end onto our bike pump instead of the little tiny hand pump that is in the kit. That would have taken too long!

I think we got this kit at Target near the soccer balls, it was only a few bucks.