PDA

View Full Version : I need a picture book about a barn besides the Big Red Barn....

kayte
08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
My little one (19 mos) is all about her barn (and farm animals) but her mama is getting really tired of reading the Big Red Barn. I need another picture book (with a plot - we have lots of books with just photos of farm animals) to read about a barn and it's animals...

TIA

mom_of_gia
08-20-2007, 02:45 PM
We've enjoyed the book, "Buzz-Buzz, Busy Bees" for a few years now. My 3-year old and 10mos old both enjoy it. I love the illustrations because they're so pretty.

They also enjoy the Fisher Price "My Little People Farm" book. It's a lift-the-flap book.

:-)

Denise

Alys the Cat
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
"Baby Danced the Polka" has been recommended here a few times. It's not about a barn, exactly, but its characters include a cow, a sheep, a pig and a goat. Great rhyme and illustrations. It's been among DS's favorites for quite a while.

Come to think of it, there's also "Punk Farm" -- but that's not everyone's style. ;)

punrocker
08-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Some of these don't have much in the way of plot or actual barn time, but can be fun:

Barnyard Banter - Denise Fleming
Barnyard Dance - Sandra Boynton
Color Farm - Lois Ehlert
Farmer Duck - Benjamin Waddell
Little Red Hen - Byron Barton
Rosie's Walk - Pat Hutchins

Those are the only titles I can remember, at the moment. My children's librarian hat is very dusty. ;)

MeAndMyStar
08-21-2007, 12:06 AM
My DD likes 'Where is my Mother?' It's a cute book about a chick looking all over the farm for his mother. It has lift flaps...so cute!

It's not photos, but illustrations, not sure if thats what you are looking for. HTH!

citymama
08-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Click-Clack-Moo by Doreen Cronin is the best! My 17 month old DD loves Big Red Barn as well, and she is now getting into Click Clack Moo - although it's intended for slightly older kids. It takes place in a barn with cows, hens, ducks and Farmer Brown!

:-)

buddyleebaby
08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
nak

the animals of farmer jones by richard scarry.

it was my daughter's favorite at just around your daughter's age.